Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bike security, home and mobile
  • dobo
    Free Member

What other websites should i be looking at for bike security, i’ve checked out torc anchors which has some decent advice but would like to look at other options to compare price security etc.
    something with customer feedback or some kind of measure certified rating would be good.

jam-bo
    TubsRacing
    Free Member

I got a ground anchor for my babies from a motorcycle shop and it was about a third the price in bike shops so it might be worth looking at motor bike stuff. I always try and cover bikes up as much as poss as well as locking it.

godzilla
    Free Member

Get one of these bad boys rigged up.
    > Good Alarm <

br
    Free Member

Oxford products for m/c’s are usually pretty good.

I use one of their ground anchors along with a huge chain.

excitable1
    Free Member

With some insurance companies they’ll ask for a ‘Sold Secure Gold’ cycle lock and chain which means it can stand a 5 minute attack.
    I got a PJB Bull Point Anchor and an Oxford HD 2.0m chain & lock.
    The anchor point is actually a motor cycle gold standard and the chain is long enough for me to loop round the two bikes I own.
    Best price was here: http://saundersonsecurity.co.uk/acatalog/Oxford_HD_Chain_and_Lock.html

Loads cheaper than anywhere else and you won’t be disappointed. Just don’t expect to be able to carry the chain around with you in your Camelbac

Don’t confuse motorbike sold secure gold with cycle, other wise you’ll end up spending too much. Soldsecure has it’s own guide: http://www.soldsecure.com/search

Basil

I have good locks Abus ,ground anchors etc. But what has saved lots of tears is a good insurance policy!

dobo
    Free Member

thanks for the info, this has given me a few ideas

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bike security, home and mobile’ is closed to new replies.