Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bike Racks for cars
  • chrisa87
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend one? I think i want one to hold 2 bikes and preferably not roof-mounted. What is a good guideline price?

Cheers

rondo101
    Free Member

Saris bones

stumpy01

Be careful with the Saris Bones. A mate has one & we had a nightmare getting 3 full sus bikes on due to the funny shaped tubes & shock positions.
    Gave up in the end chucked the bikes in the back of the car.

Jools
    Free Member

I hunted high and low for a saris bones 3 as I wanted to see it before buying, so not online. It seemed like the perfect rack 🙂 but no shops had the 3 bike version in store. In the end I bought a Saris Sentinel 3, half the price and very solid, easy to setup and fits hatchbacks and saloon boots.

After buying the sentinel I turned up at sherwood pines to see 5-6 saris bones 3 on the back of various vehicles and was glad I never found one, they seem massive and hang a long way of the back, pretty ugly, but can’t say how stable they are.

Out of interest the single bike Saris bones have been designed very strangley, the way the bike hangs off them will fill me with dread.

Hope it helps.
    Jools

chrisa87
    Free Member

Thanks for the recommendations. I’ll try and find a place that stocks them to see them in the flesh so to speak

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I’ll be selling a Saris Bones 3 soon for a good price. Has served us well & found it to be very secure, much more so than the halfords rack it replaced. Have only used it with 2 bikes.

You could have it next week if you want – my ‘rents live by Milnrow so you could easily collect.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

I have a Saris Bones 3, can get 3 bikes on but certain full sus designs are a real pain to get on.

It is very stable once on though, and once its been set up its really quick to get on (especially if you leave the top straps at the same length when taking on/off)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bike Racks for cars’ is closed to new replies.