Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Bike Racks..
  • popmatik
    Free Member

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for bike racks? We currently use a really old one on the back of my mates mini cooper… Yesterday going down the motorway in high winds we saw our bikes lift up quite high. Eeek!

We have also noticed that its rubbing our frames a bit and is just generally a bit… well… shit.

So… Anyone got any experience with a good one? That keeps the bikes safe and secure (no flappy flappy).

Also does anyone have any advice on how we can stop the pedals and other bits of frames rubbing together. We tend to wrap things in towels and stuff…

Cheers for any help

z1ppy

I don't like rear racks, used to use one, stopped one day half way down the motorway once, as it didn't look right in the mirror, and found the straps had vibrated loose… so i went and bought an estate and not looked back.

Anyway that ain't helping you.. get some pipe lagging on the rack tube or your bikes to stop the rubbing if nothing else. I've got some blue shapped wrap around tubing/lagging some-one sent me, more than big enough to go round even large bike tubes, no idea where it came from (proper bike packaging maybe? Ask your LBS?)

evanrock43
    Free Member

"Pendle" that bolts to a tow bar bracket and will take three bikes. Keeps the bikes well away from paintwork. Sits low and reduces drag especially if you remove saddle/post.

steveh

On a new shape mini you're a bit limited but I'd go with a towbar rack all the way.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Bike Racks..’ is closed to new replies.