Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • bike rack on a ford Ka???
  • hungrymonkey
    Free Member

do i remember reading something about you not being legally able to do this? its one with straps etc – thought it might be too small or strong enough or something…

i've fitted it before while not moving, and it seemed sturdy, but its niggling me…

otherwise we're gonna have to fit 2 bikes, 2 men and a small woman, plus some kit in it this weekend… squeezy squeezy!!

FOG

Ford say you are not allowed to do it so it's not Type Approved. I have done it but could only get one bike on due to the massive slope of the rear door. If you have one of those racks that has arms which support the bottom of the bike you might manage two but be careful to not cover light and plate. The Ka isn't approved for a towbar either so it is difficult to wire up a lighting board.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

hmm, don't want to get on the wrong side of the rozzers, esp with this weather and my L plates… (yes, there will be suitable other people in the car!)

will have to practice getting a 29er and another mtb in with luggage and 3 seats…

claudie

Had a bike rack on our Ford Ka for the last 8 years – never take it off
    Normally only carry 1 bike but occaisionally 2

Hollywood rack held on with straps – number plate not covered. Hope that helps

mickasaki
    Free Member

Put a rack on the bike, and the Ka in that instead? Just a thought!

nockmeister
    Free Member

Put a rack on the bike, and the Ka in that instead? Just a thought!

LMAO…i'm in the same boat with my Clio172

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

lol… will look at rack, but prob last resort…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘bike rack on a ford Ka???’ is closed to new replies.