Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bike parking- Waterloo Station
  • birdy
    Free Member

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience of using the two tiered bike parking facility at Waterloo. So that I don’t have to take a bike on the train into Waterloo im thinking of using it to lock up a cheap pub bike over night. This will mean that once i get off the train in the morning I can cycle to the office (and the do the opposite on the evening).

My main questions are,

Do the people find there’s normally space?
    As I’ll be locking the bike up in the evening will I be more likely to find a space?
    Has anyone had issues with theft/vandalism etc

Thanks

Paul

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Friend built a Frankenbike of hideous appearance to lock there. Decent Kryptonite locks.

Lasted three days.

Get a Brompton.

curto80
    Free Member

Did it for about 18 months with a nice Charge plug which I used to cycle to Canary Wharf and back. Much better option than taking a bike on the train. Plenty of parking and never had an issue with theft or vandalism.

birdy
    Free Member

Not a cheap option though a Brompton. Could get a cheap decathlon copy I suppose.

Might have a look at the crime map thingy to see what the levels of bike theft (i think I already know the answer) are within close proximity to the station.

shermer75
    Free Member

Locked mine there for a whole day on a Saturday, didn’t get nicked but there was a shortage of spaces

kimbers

I got a s/h dahon 26 inch folder, it rides nicely, has discs (essential for all year commutibg) and I’ve even squeezed in some 700c wheels

It’s quite large folded up, check t&c of rail companies bike policy, good for me virgin and London Midland just say any foldable bike is fine, some specify 20in wheels

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bike parking- Waterloo Station’ is closed to new replies.