Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • bike park wales trip…any other must do trails in area??
  • markyboy
    Free Member

Hi
    heading down to bpw next week from scotland.Will have the afternoon before it and the day after in wales. what are the must do trails?..was thinking cwam carn on day one maybe antur stiniog day three or afan!!sugestions please.

andysredmini
    Free Member

We did the rhyader Classic route the day before going to bike park Wales. It was very good and made bike park Wales seem a bit rubbish.

Ambrose

Snowdon never fails to impress.

If you are coming to Wales- well I do love living here but one trail centre is often much like another so you’d want something a bit different. Maybe Nant yr Arian? Or as suggested above, go wholly natural. Get a map, ride around the Elan Valley, the Beacons (avoid the Gap, it is a bit dull TBH) or somewhere in Snowdonia like e.g. Pont Scethin or Llyn Cowlyd.

markyboy
    Free Member

Have you got any route maps for the classic route?

andysredmini
    Free Member

I think I have a gps file of it if you want

email me

andysredmini at hotmail dot com

philwarren11
    Free Member

You do realise stiniog is MILES away from afan and BPW?

samcheese
    Free Member

I appreciate that Wales is a small country but Snowden or Sintog are a 4 hour drive from BPW. Even Nant y Arian or Rhayader is a couple of hours in the car.

It like suggesting people heading for the Forest of Dean pop over to the Peak District for a quick spin.

Stick to Afan, Cwmcarn or one of the Beacons / Black Mountain classics.

rob8624
    Free Member

To be honest, you could ride in any direction from BPW and find excellent trails.

Mountain Ash, just down the road has a specific DH trail and loads of other stuff.

andysredmini
    Free Member

Rhyader is only about 50 miles away from bpw and well worth the trip. It only took us just over an hour.

timidwheeler

The Darren Fawr trails are nearby and good fun (if a bit small).

v666ern
    Free Member

The gap is horrid you wouldnt like it 😀

skaifan
    Free Member

Nant Yr Arian. Everything just flows. It has everything. Parts of it feel like you couldn’t be any further from civilisation, it has flowinf fast singletrack, the odd rocky bit, open exposed parts, bits through forests and all the climbing is done at the end in one hit. Its about 2 hours from BPW, but well worth the effort.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Brechfa? Very natural feel. That and NyA are my two favourite centres.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Stiniog is great, and whilst it’s 4 hours from BPW its ‘almost’ due north so if you went there on your way back to Scotland it might only add an hour to your trip, some epic scenery there too.

I don’t want to take anything away from AS, but it’s like BPW on a smaller scale, less trails and shorter, but they do have some FLIPPING MASSIVE rocks to ride, fun times, but for me it’s too similar to BPW for OPs needs.

Day 1 I’d probably suggest Cwmcarn as its close to BPW and if you’ve been travelling down you might not want to be faffing about on unfamiliar group with the GPS. Cafall is great, Twrc is better but mostly closed and diverted at the moment.

Day 3 try the GAP if you’ve got the legs left for a scenic tour over hill and dale, Afan if you want easy fun, or FOD is the same sort of travel in the other direction.

philwarren11
    Free Member

Twrch is completely closed.

Trails at trail centres i’d be looking at:

Day 1: Cafall twice, second time round do pedalhounds or once and get some pay per uplifts on it. Second time round i’d take the fire road up to rapist tent section tho, coz im lazy.

Day 2 BPW.

Day 3 Whites with black run and drive to Blaengarw.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘bike park wales trip…any other must do trails in area??’ is closed to new replies.