Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bike park in the south-east
  • mikey74
    Free Member

I really like the mix of dual-slalom, xc, and north shore stuff up at Chicksands, but it is over 90 miles away: Is there anywhere else, nearer to the Gatwick area that offers similar facilities? If not, do you think something similar could be set up?

Anyone been to PORC recently?

leggyblonde
    Free Member
    mikey74
    Free Member

Yeah I’ve been there a few times, and bought my bike there, but there is no xc or dual slalom course. It’s a bit small really to be able to offer the same things as Chicksands.

I do like it though.

jedi

there is loads down that way but private built stuff

mikey74
    Free Member

Yeah I guess that is the problem with living in this area.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

dont know if this would be any closer ?

http://www.ukbikepark.moonfruit.com/

would mean you wouldnt have to go so far round the M25

mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks scu: That looks good. I may have to pay a visit. Its still over 100 miles away though. Grrr why do I have to live in such a crap place for mountain biking.

theflatboy
    Free Member

penshurst might be an option – i haven’t been there for about 10 years but looks like they’re still going. used to be excellent so probably worth checking out.

http://www.mudtrail.co.uk/trails/porc-penshurst-freeride.php

edit – just seen you mentioned it in your original post!

glenp
    Free Member

Aston Hill?

jedi

you live in a great area for mtb!!! just need to keep your ears and eyes open

mikey74
    Free Member

you live in a great area for mtb!!! just need to keep your ears and eyes open

Well I have lived here for a while without finding much.

shortcut

have you ventured on to leith, holmbury and pitch hills? OK, so there isn’t much in the way of specific dual and north shore trails but the riding from an ‘interesting xc’ perspective is pretty spectacular.

Swinley has some fun bits too.

jedi

i head that way when i need a change from herts shore

mikey74
    Free Member

Oh yeah, I ride the North Downs all the time. I also ride Swinley too, although I haven’t been there for a while.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bike park in the south-east’ is closed to new replies.