Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Bike-packing tent recommendations
  • houndlegs
    Free Member

Without wishing to start another tent thread, anyone got any tips for taking down a wet tent? It’s one of these all in one pitch things(Zephyros 2). Whenever I take it down wet, and have to use it again the next night, its always soaked through. Anything I can do to minimise this? I know I could detach the inner and keep the wet fly separate, but that seems to defeat the object a bit, not to mention its a bit of a potch.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Don’t take the advice in the gelert, it’s brutal! 😆

I know I used one for my trips for 2 years! It’s a shanner of a tent! Imagine sleeping in a coffin and you’re almost there.

The zephyros 2 I use just now is a hotel room in comparison!

seosamh77
    Free Member

houndlegs – Member
    Without wishing to start another tent thread, anyone got any tips for taking down a wet tent? It’s one of these all in one pitch things(Zephyros 2). Whenever I take it down wet, and have to use it again the next night, its always soaked through. Anything I can do to minimise this? I know I could detach the inner and keep the wet fly separate, but that seems to defeat the object a bit, not to mention its a bit of a potch.

find somewhere dry and hang it up for a while before you fold it away. I know not always possible, but i reckon it’s probably the only solution.

busta
    Free Member

Re. putting away a wet tent. I have a Zephyros 2 XL lite, so basically the same tent. Just give it a good shake to get rid of the big droplets before packing it away. I’ve found there’s not a lot you can do on a multi-day trip. Although the fabric is wet to the touch when it goes up again, it’s not enough water to actually make anything wet and it still keeps the rain out, so I figured it’s not really a problem. Just make sure it gets a good drying out before packing away for longer periods.

scotroutes

Also be prepared to unpack the tent for a while if having a break from cycling/walking. Spreading it out while you do so will give it some time to dry. You might have to reconsider your packing strategy to simplify this.

houndlegs
    Free Member

Aye, pretty much what I do, just wondered if I was missing any tricks/tips. Mines the XL Lite as well busta, nice tent aint it?

scotroutes

You can also use a small sponge to wipe it down before packing. That can make quite a difference to the wet weight.

houndlegs
    Free Member

^^Thats not a bad shout at all, I’ll get me a small sponge from Halfords. It’ll pack and weigh nowt when its squashed down. Ta scotroutes.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Bike-packing tent recommendations’ is closed to new replies.