• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by FOG.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bike packing saddle packs with dropper posts?
  • FOG

First I must make it clear that I have no intention of dropping the post whilst the bag is in place. What I want is opinions about possible damage I could cause to the post by strapping my Alpkit Koala to my Reverb. This wasn’t an issue until this week because I have a normal post that I use when needing the bag, but I have given the post to a friend .
    So, what are the downsides of having straps around your Reverb shaft (jokes as appropriate )?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

No way. Dirt and water in between straps and shaft would grind away happily on every bump.

ampthill

It must be worth buying a really cheap post?

u02sgb
    Free Member

Yeah, wouldn’t do it unless you really want to replace your Reverb :).

I helitaped my seatpost where my pack was attaching as it had worn the anodising off my post, hate to think what it’d do to the Reverb shaft (and how quickly). You want to get a cheapy seatpost for bikepacking.

d45yth
    Free Member

I’ve wrapped mine in insulation tape before (so it’s easy to take off again). There was no superficial damage, but I did wear the internals out…I didn’t use it a lot for bikepacking, so having a bag on it never caused it, but I don’t think the leverage from it will have helped.

FOG

Thanks chaps, I think a cheap post is the way to go!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bike packing saddle packs with dropper posts?’ is closed to new replies.