• This topic has 13 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by sv.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bike Outlet York – shoddy service
  • sv

Ordered a set of wheels over the Easter weekend I phoned last week to confirm shipped ok everything fine. No wheels by yesterday rang to enquire overheard the guy on the phone say oh yes they are the ones that are out of stock. Girl comes on and creates a cock and bull story about a courier messing up. She said she would look into it and phone me back yesterday – no phone call! Rang this afternoon yes definately lost – grrrr FFS. SLACK shop!

More Internet searching…

Hope Hoops Stans Flows anywhere???

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

what colour hubs are you after? i have a choice! 😆 to be fair to them they are out of stock until mid mayish(but your right they should have told you!)

tragically1969
    Free Member

Oh dear, should i worry, i just ordered a pair of forks, i did check if they were in stock first and got a yes answer.

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

possibly!

sv

You will only know if they drop throuh the door – they 'apparently' ran out of courier labels and the orders are being labelled by the couriers.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Hmmmmm… after posting this yesterday – http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/bike-outlet-york

I phoned up enquiring about availability of some forks. Lad i spoke to couldnt say either way whether they had what i wanted in stock, or if the description on their website was correct or not, and to phone back another time to check…

grumm
    Free Member

I had issues with ordering stuff from them that turned out to not be in stock – they did sort me out in the end but I was a little suspicious of 'bait and switch' tactics going on.

ie have something at a stupidly good price on the website to lure people in, then tell them it's out of stock but they could buy something else at a not as good price.

Still got a great deal in the end though.

tragically1969
    Free Member

hhhmmm the yes answer i got did not sound too convincing either i have to admit.

Will wait and see, i am in no rush for them anyway.

sv

Leisure Lakes had a set and were very helpful – ordered a set! Sorry Paul 🙁

Northwind

Shopped with them a few times myself, always been very happy, not the fastest to post but not terribly slow either.

hora
    Free Member

Take your money elsewhere. I spend a fair bit on new kit- I wont be buying a certain brand again.

tragically1969
    Free Member

I spend a fair bit on new kit- I wont be buying a certain brand again.

Eh, come again ?

Like i said, for the price of the forks, i can wait, thats if indeed they ever turn up !

sv

I have gone elsewhere and won't be going back – if you are trying it on at least be professional about it!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bike Outlet York – shoddy service’ is closed to new replies.