Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • bike on ebay not as described
  • verticalclimber
    Free Member

saw latitude 853 bike for sale on ebay and thought could be a good project, before placing a bid noticed it said altitude on frame so emailed to enquire, came back with oh sorry yes its a altitude 10, I then politely pointed out that his description of 853 frame was incorrect and should change advert see amusing reply below

“”hi no it is the 520 reynolds but if you no so much about them why are you lookin on here for one you can tell by looking at the picture and also by the spec from the original genesis website or is it just to pick fault with the listing and to answer your question about altering the listing it wont let me but if it bothers you that much dont look then it wont””

hope some poor guy doesnt bid thinking its an 853

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Typical obnoxious reply from many people these days. Turns out common decency isn’t that common.

Jamie
    Free Member

You can report the listing to eBay. Link should be on the right hand side of the page.

davidrussell
    Free Member

i’d point him in the direction of a keyboard with a >. button too.

verticalclimber
    Free Member

went to do that but nothing about incorrect listing, closest thing was fraudlent could do it for a laugh i suppose

Jamie
    Free Member

Well the fact you informed him the listing is wrong, and yet he continues to list could be seen as fraud….probably.

verticalclimber
    Free Member

he has put an update saying it is a altitude 10 but unless someone looks at genesis site they would still think spec is as he has listed

chakaping
    Free Member

Report it, someone else might not be so observant as yrself and the seller’s attitude doesn’t indicate he would be reasonable afterwards.

richmtb

Or post up the listing so we can all ask this lovely helpful gentelman the same question!

verticalclimber
    Free Member
    passtherizla
    Free Member

I’ve been shot down loads of times for telling people that they’re asking too much… even when google returns cheaper options brand new.

and another thing, if its been owned then its second hand doesn’t matter if its actually been used or not.

trambler

Fell for an inaccurate listing once, complete pain in the neck, got the usual sold as seen, no returns etc replies to begin with, but eventually sorted it through the resolution thingy. Well spotted though, lets have some fun??

wrecker
    Free Member

I’ve been shot down loads of times for telling people that they’re asking too much… even when google returns cheaper options brand new.

No problem with this. Selling for more than new equivalent is abusing the forum IMHO, and should be pointed out (in a polite manner). If people want new prices for second hand kit should go to ebay. I’d like to see all ebay linking banned too.

IHN

Well, I’ve asked him to confirm whether it’s the 853 or 520

Dickyboy

His “loved” bike but gets its name wrong when listing, absolutely stinks to me!

lockrobnkel
    Free Member

Asked the same plus what is the actual spec as your spec states DT Swiss rims and the altitude comes with Alex Rims to name but one difference 😯

Mister-P
    Free Member

It hasn’t got an XX44 headtube or a 2×10 chainstay plate either.

verticalclimber
    Free Member

the more you dig the more you find

duckman

Question sent 😈

Mister-P
    Free Member

Nor has it got a 20mm thru-axle front hub.

letmetalktomark

Question sent 😆

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

He’s taken the details from the 2012 Latitude 20

He’s either lazy, stupid, or deliberately trying to mislead…burn him!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Sounds about right with the usual responses on ebay. I asked a seller about a frame size, because clearly I could see it was a large (19″) – he was advertising it as medium. I got told to mind my own business.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

coloured tyres – nuff said.

wrecker
    Free Member

genesis latitude 2010 mountain bike

Just in case google doesnt pick it up. 😀

mchlptchr
    Free Member

Question sent.

globalti
    Free Member

A witch! A witch! Burn her!

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘bike on ebay not as described’ is closed to new replies.