Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bike number reduction – what would you get rid of?
  • Woody
    Free Member

I’ve accumulated too many frames over the past few years and really need to get rid of at least one, possibly two frames/forks. Problem is that I like them in their own ways but house move some time soon may reduce space drastically.

The three frames in the frame (so to speak) are :-

2007 Cotic Soul/AM1’s – lovely but have 2 other ht’s which I couldn’t bear to part with.
    2005 Maverick ML8/DUC32’s – great frame and my only full sus.
    2009 Redline Monocog 29’er rigid s/s – perfect winter bike and really nice ride

My thoughts are veering towards keeping the ML8 and getting shot of the other 2.

Suggestions welcome and yes I know the ML8 is not everyone’s cup of tea 😉

steveh

The soul clearly if you have other bikes like it and not the others.

tazzymtb

funny as I’m keeping my single speed 29er’s and clearing all my boingy bikes and gearies 😀

beaker

Keep the ML (fellow Maverick owner here!) get rid of one of the hardtails but keep the bits to convert between geared or SS?

Northwind

Obviously from your post the Soul should be one. It’ll have a decent amount of value too.

Woody
    Free Member

I suppose the Soul is the obvious one as I’ve recently re-built a ’95 Kona Lava Dome and the bits from the Soul can go straight onto an old Kona Stuff frame.

Looks like a large Soul in the classifieds tomorrow. Think I’ll flog the DUC32’s too and stick the AM1’s on the ML8.

The 29er deserves one more decision making ride but I love the way it ploughs over stuff 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bike number reduction – what would you get rid of?’ is closed to new replies.