Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bike Neglect,Abuse,Anyone??…
  • Blower
    Free Member

Now i dont know what it its,ive been riding mountain bikes-atbs's for over 20years now,road before that…is it because ive been riding for this long that….
    All i do is ride the things to pure destruction,never check them,throw them about,and shove em back in the house after a ride with no oil cleaning or **** all!! :-).
    or am i a useless git nowadays,used to love fettling,years ago.
    anyone else like me?

jedi

yep.
    i ride them til they break then get repaired/replaced 🙂

fontmoss
    Free Member

love riding them cant be bothered cleaning them*, thankfully it normally only means replacing a chain more often than normal

*plus it rains and then they get 'clean' anyway. so actually i'm helping the enviroment. i should have gone into politics.

scaredypants

my winter bike gets very little care – washed by leaving it out in the rain, oil on chain & that's it

the other one gets only a bit more, but then I ride that in summer

you do pay the price now & then though – I've had to miss a chance for a quickie plenty of times because of a flat/niggle when I needed to get on & get going without any delays

crispybacon
    Free Member

you do pay the price now & then though – I've had to miss a chance for a quickie plenty of times because of a flat/niggle when I needed to get on & get going without any delays

you can get some purple pills to sort that out mate 😉

Blower
    Free Member

think your frames will be prone to breaking jedi ahem 😉

mine has had a wash in the rain this morning,looks alot cleaner now… 🙂

jedi

i have never broken a frame.
    parts wear out thats all.

had 2 new swing arms on the demo9 thats all

Blower
    Free Member

i aint either,alls good.

OldGitSurrey
    Free Member

Am I the only one on this forum that actually cleans my bikes, maintains them when a problem happens and makes sure that everything is A1 before the next ride? 😕

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bike Neglect,Abuse,Anyone??…’ is closed to new replies.