Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • bike n windsurf ??? Lanzarote
  • jakethesnake
    Free Member

Hi folks, debating a winter break in Jan to somewhere warmer. Anyone have any experience of Lanzarote at this time of year.
    Whats the biking like / what sort of weather?

cheers

Jake

LMT
    Free Member

Biking is superb! i went about 5 years ago, thats how i started MTB'ing again started out from Costa Teguise, through the dusty trails climbing then an immense descent loads of dust and dirt! There was a hire shop with Speshi Enduro's by the bay in CT, could pick up a map of routes and take it from there.

Plan to go back myself in the summer.

daveagiles
    Free Member

Im out there for two weeks in Jan, cant wait, have no idea what there is to do, just going to find out there. How much was the bike hire LMT?

2hottie
    Free Member

I went back in June, the weather was great and the biking was equally good. I was staying at a friends villa and cycled across the island and met up with them on the beach whilst they were surfing. That cold beer was the best!!!!!

hitman
    Free Member

Great time of year to go – did a few surf trips out there and had a great time. Make sure you get out and see the island – a different world from the resorts, cheap food and good vibes 🙂 I used to stay in puerto del carman but spent my days in la santa surfing and used to drive back at night and stop in a different village and different bar each night – the people were so friendly. Also got taken to an all night festival in arrecifee by some spanish locals and taught to dance the salsa by the local dance teacher – great days 🙂

LMT
    Free Member

It was about 50euro for the day, but that was a five years ago, i had to use the Hotel to verify me, but they were happy to do that. One of the Thompson Reps came along and verified, one of the perks of going Gold.

singletrackmind

Not sure if it will be windy in Jan, Its usually a thermic wind and can be awesome in the summer. I sailed on the reef in Costa Teguise, huge wind shadow for the first 200mtrs. I had to swim out with small kit (83lt JPRWW) then uphaul, and pump out to the break.
    Didnt MB but toured the island in our Daewoo Matiz. Stunning scenery and there are some really good caves and volcano tour worth seeing.

andyfb78
    Free Member

Look up club la santa on the web.
    http://www.clublasanta.co.uk

it is a mecca for active sports. loads of riding around the island, with route maps, all sort of different activities, windsurfing on the lagoon. 50m ionised water open air pool, fun pool for kids. two gyms should that be your thing, full size running track and field, loads of fitness classes, led rides and trainign courses.

I have been for many a january warm weather trainign absolutley love it.

Ring them (manchester number) and the lady who books the stuff Hayley Blackburn, is very helpful.
    Go self catered and then you can choose from nearby stuff or a couple of restaurants in the complex including a eat as much as you like buffet.. perfect after 6 hours on the IM route.

road biking is ace, mtbing looks great but not done that yet. bikes can be hired from the la santa shop, or can book your own on the plane no probs. oh and you can avoid the chavs on the other side of the island

weather is warm but not hot, probably very windy, esp towards the end of the day. you might get some rain, but not usually heavy or for long.

Hills give great views and cake and coffee in the cafe at the top of maridor (or something like that) is a great reward for the climb.

🙂

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

My mate is one of the physios at Club La Santa. Went to see him in March and had a sweet time. They have loads of windsurfing kit and access to Cannondales.

The island is also stunning and just a bit different from Devon. I did get very pissed off with people smoking in bars and especially restaurants.

Say hello to Charlie if you go.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘bike n windsurf ??? Lanzarote’ is closed to new replies.