Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • BIKE MECHANICS: Slipping "small ring" on rear cassette – Any Ideas ?
  • adi66
    Free Member

Did 2pure actually say it would work fine?

YEP !! to the manager of the LBS, when he called whilst I was present as the LBS mechanics where struggling to fit the cassette.

Should all be under warranty, but I am a little concerned… as in a week me and the bike are off to Oz for a 4 week MTB adventure!!! eek.

slinkybike
    Free Member

One way to look at this is that as shit as it is the worst thing that will happen is that the freehub is replaced under warranty (cb warranty is generally pretty good) and you may need to run a different cass) at least you sussed it before the trip. Where in oz you riding I am in Australia and the cb distrubutors are really good so take you receipt with you.

walleater

LOL Crank Bros. Oh well, you’ve got yourself some huge expensive ear rings I guess.

adi66
    Free Member

LOL Crank Bros. Oh well, you’ve got yourself some huge expensive ear rings I guess.

Or NOT he wheels ride really nicely ! but I guess you’ve not ridden them!

Where in oz you riding I am in Australia and the cb distrubutors are really good so take you receipt with you.

Brisbane, Albert Park area, I’ve already hooked up with some riders over there for a few days (and hopefully a night ride) out. Where are you then… not that Oz is Small! lol

br
    Free Member

Should all be under warranty, but I am a little concerned… as in a week me and the bike are off to Oz for a 4 week MTB adventure!!! eek.

What would concern me more is if I was off on a 4 week MTB trip and couldn’t fix/understand the problem…

antigee

b r – Member
    … then learn how to fix it – otherwise one day you’ll have a long, long walk caused by a simple ‘problem’.

and not taking a chainwhip and cassette tool / wrench

adi66
    Free Member

BR:

Cos’ you know all about me, and my understanding of Bikes / mechanical things… I didn’t used to work in a bike shop, nor am I Senior Engineer in a with a large upmarket vehicle manufacturer at their Huge Prototype Vehicle facility, looking after a team of guys building 100’s of VERY VERY expensive & COMPLICATED vehicles each year. I understand **** all!!!!

My original question was “what could be wrong with this -have you got any experience that may help?” not “help me I don’t understand how to fix my bike”

I don’t know you, and you don’t know me, so I’ll leave it at that.

What would concern me more is if I was off on a 4 week MTB trip and couldn’t fix/understand the problem…

and as ANTIQEE said to inspect and potentialy fix the problem:

and not taking a chainwhip and cassette tool / wrench

antigee

looking after a team of guys building 100’s of VERY VERY expensive & COMPLICATED vehicles each year

just to add some balance i’d like to think that guys includes girlies and that “looking after” can’t possibly even at this time of night be subject to misunderstanding

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘BIKE MECHANICS: Slipping "small ring" on rear cassette – Any Ideas ?’ is closed to new replies.