Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Bike mechanic wanted – Sheffield
  • andyxxx
    Free Member

Can anybody recommend a good bike mechanic – private or otherwise (but not J E James) that I can pay to maintain and repair my bike.

I am happy to clean & oil the chain but hate all other aspects of maintenance.

Do people ‘wait until it breaks’ or perform scheduled maintenance? I am keen to keep the bike in good condition.

thanks

timbercombe
    Free Member

Got a friend in Sheffield who’s very good at bike maintenance cytech qualified, all but wheel building really. Got all the tools etc. Email: themolland8@hotmail.com

swisstony
    Free Member

lazy sod, get some spanners ;-0

andyxxx
    Free Member

Thanks timbercombe will keep his contact details.

Swisstony – not really lazy, just not got the time nor inclination to learn – I play racket sports, but never string my racket – I have a passion for cars , but don’t lift the bonnet. Some people enjoy and are good at the maintenance – I would rather pay them and free up my time for things i chose to do.

mAx_hEadSet

Could this be classified as one of the first green shoots of economic recovery old Gordy Broon will be desperately scanning the horizon for evidence for the recovery of the service industries our economy relies on?..

Are you a hedge fund manager?

grumm
    Free Member

You will free up more of your time by learning to do a few simple maintenance/repair jobs instead of having to take your bike somewhere to have someone else do it.

andyxxx
    Free Member

No – they dispose of their bike after each & every ride to save any messing about with maintenace issues 😀

andyxxx
    Free Member

grumm – i am sure you r correct and if it is something simple then i would of course attend to it.

compositepro
    Free Member

Hey this got me thinking i could set up my own little sideline mechanic -ing

is that a word?

maybe people should drop a quick line

antigee

if in the no trees on pavements northern side of Sheffield then Butterworths on the corner of Leppings Lane/Middlewood road is excellent

andyxxx
    Free Member

compositepro – I don’t know what area of the country you live in and I am new to this sport, but yes – in Sheffield it seems there is certainly skope to set up a business competing with the few shops already in the market – just look how few mechanic recomends this thread has had.

If you are Sheffield let me know – i may be your first regular customer.

I know some people love tinkering and setting up their bikes as much as riding them, but a lot don’t – me being one!

Gooner
    Free Member

andyxxx
    i am going on a bike maintenance course on sunday (near bolton) and we have one spare place
    its £80 and you will learn all you need to maintain your own bike
    let me know if you are interested

andyxxx
    Free Member

Gooner – Mant thanks for the offer, but no thanks – i can’t think of anything worse! – i will keep up my hunt.

thepodge
    Free Member

there seems to be a lack of good mechanics all over. there are a number of shops in and out of Sheffield I’d never touch. thankfully I know just about enough to maintain my own stuff.

compositepro
    Free Member

I live the north side of sheffield

my email is in the profile thing

Baldysquirt

18bikes if you want a good job doing at a good price. Bit of a drive, but the only place I’ll use for anything I don’t want to do myself.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Bike mechanic wanted – Sheffield’ is closed to new replies.