Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bike locks
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I’m getting fed up with my big chain and difficulty of carrying it. So I’m considering a U lock that can clip to the frame on my commuter.

Any reason why I shouldn’t? It’s not a particularly expensive bike and I take care over where I lock it. Thinking of one of these:

Kryptonite Evolution Mini 5. Or there’s a 7 including the long cable – but I’m not sure I want to bother with the cable.

colonelwax
    Free Member

I’ve got one of them (actually I’ve got a couple of Kryptonite d-locks which I use to lock mine and the kids bikes with, dunno if they’re exactly that one). Anyway, I use the cable as well. Sure the cable won’t stand up to cutters etc but I use it to “pull” the bike in to whatever I’m locking it to, makes it harder to move the bike and so harder to get at the lock.

Probably not as secure as a massive chain but I think it’s OK in a convenience/security balance. Suppose it depends on how valuable your bike is.

aide

As above have a few D-locks, i also use a kryptonite cable with it but this is to secure my front wheel as well which the short cable is more than suitable for, hope this helps

molgrips
    Free Member

Looks like the 5 is shorter than the 7, but the 7 is still pretty compact and also comes with the cable. Ordered it.

onandon
    Free Member

I went for a hip lock hold. Easy to carry as as about as effective a chain as you can get.

Tenuous
    Free Member

Check out this thread on LFGSS for good lock advice 🙂

https://www.lfgss.com/conversations/144109/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bike locks’ is closed to new replies.