Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • bike involved in car accident
  • mdavids
    Free Member

First post after lurking for a while – please go easy.

Had my bike in the back of my car today with both wheels off and the forks towards the back of the car. I got rear ended at quite high speed which has left my car a write off. At first glance the bike appeared to be fine however when I went to put the front wheel back on I had to prize open the forks by about 1mm to get it in – I've never had to do this before its always just slotted straight in.
    Although it seems fine in every other way I'm a little worried that the forks have been badly damaged. The bike's almost brand new and hasnt even been in for its first service yet.
    Wondering if I should be geting this checked out by my LBS or if its probably nothing to worry about.

njee20
    Free Member

Not right, definitely get it checked over by the LBS, also check frame rear alignment, cranks, etc which are susceptible to bending in such impacts.

Get a written quote from the LBS and add it onto the claim.

mdavids
    Free Member

Will do thanks for the quick reply

njee20
    Free Member

Pleasure. And welcome!

scud
    Free Member

When you go to the LBS get them to give you a proforma quote for the cost of the repair/ replacement, then when you claim via the insurers for the car repairs, they should add it to the claim, if not then approach the other drivers insurers direct with the quote and photos of the damage.

project
    Free Member

http://www.bikeline.co.uk

Claim for a replacement bike as well as whip lash.oh and damage to your car.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I would get the whole bike thoroughly checked. I would be worried about the bike and want it replacing but that's just me. Good luck.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘bike involved in car accident’ is closed to new replies.