• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bike INN retailer – any good?
  • tallmart10

I wanted to order a couple of 10 speed (40/28) chainrings and they are seriously cheap at BikeINN but I have never heard of them before. Any experiences good or bad anyone?

hebridean
    Free Member

Bought a tyre from them recently. Was cheap enough but postage added a bit so wasn’t that much cheaper then other places. Took a couple of weeks to arrive (from Spain). I wasn’t in any hurry but watch out if you need things quickly.

MSP

Unlike some of the German retailers they don’t include a prepaid returns label, worked out quite expensive if you do return something. They were also a little slow refunding a return for me.

They are a legit business, but I would only use them if I was 100% sure I was buying something that would fit and the savings were good.

scotroutes

Sloooowwww

cheddarchallenged
    Free Member

I tried them twice. The first order took ages to turn up even though it was “in stock” when I ordered. Emailed several times and never got a reply. The product was faulty and it was a complete ball ache to get the refund after they had received it back.

My second order (ordered before the first item failed) didn’t turn up at all. It took nearly 2 months to get them to refund from them – they bill when you order irrespective of whether the item is in stock.

antigee

as said above legit but slow and a last resort – used for stuff that no one else has discounted

tallmart10

Ok, thanks guys, I’ll look for an alternative

Shackleton

Try Bergfreunde, very good service and fast in my experience and about the same price as BikeINN as they do free postage.

matts
    Free Member

Agree with the previous sentiments.

I used them for something that I knew was going to fit, and couldn’t get in any of the big UK retailers. It took ages to arrive, but not really a problem for me.

If it’s something Wiggle stock, then (last year, at least) they had bikeinn as one of the options for a price match. So for some other stuff, I did that.

singlespeedstu

I used Trek Inn and they were very slow and didn’t respond to any emails.
    I’d not use them again even if they are cheap.

bluebird
    Free Member

Their warranty service is terrible.

Haze

Their warranty service is terrible

Avoid, 2 months to refund a dodgy pair of arm warmers. Terrible.

trail_rat
    Free Member

bergfreund wanted a scan of my passport or drivers licence.

bergfreund got told to do one.

ordered else where.

MSP

That is an occasional requirement of cc/debit card companies, nowt to do with the retailer.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bike INN retailer – any good?’ is closed to new replies.