Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • bike in my car . pain in the arse ;-)
  • firestarter
    Free Member

due to my van getting written off im now the proud owner of a 3 door mk3 little fiesta. and what a pain that is to fit my bike in lol , cant use rear rack due to spoiler , roof mount costs too much and always seemed dodgy on my 3 door clio years ago i dont think roof bars on 3 doors is the best idea , no tow ball, again expensive (also only keeping car a year at most so no point getting done) ive forgotten what a pain it was to have a little car lol

what solutions have other little car owners come up with 😉

MrNutt
    Free Member

take the wheels off, get used to your mech hanger being at a funny angle!

firestarter
    Free Member

ive just been in the car messing back seats down , front passenger down front wheel off and it kinda fits if i can just work out how to stop it sliding around on the back of the metal seat against my fork stantions 😉

doesnt help with my new bloody bolt thru wheels lol bugger

RudeBoy
    Free Member

So, your vayn got written off, and you replaced it with a small car?

What an utter, utter Bulb-End…

😉

How’s your family, Mick? All well, I hope?

Merak

I have an old clio 3door. I got these bars not to expensive and saves all the hassle of getting it in your car.

£54, they are fine! Roof bars

simondbarnes

With the seats down I can easily fit 2 bikes and a load of kit in my fiesta. Will also swallow a 7’6″ surfboard without much bother. Plenty of room.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I’ve got so used to undoing the 4 pinch bolts and slackening off the bolt thru axle that it takes only about three seconds longer than it would with QR! its my poor rear mech hanger that I seem to inadvertently bend!

Rex
    Free Member

whip out the seatpost/saddle, strap the rear mech to the chainstay, and wheels off. got two bikes and holiday kit for a week in the back of a yaris this way…

firestarter
    Free Member

hello mr rude. my van was **** and i got no cash so i had to buy something lol family all good now 😉 will just take some getting used to lol

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Glad to hear yer all ok! Nice one.

firestarter
    Free Member

cheers mate 😉

jonb
    Free Member

In my clio I used to take both wheels off, put the car seats down and then put the frame in diagonally with the rear end behind the passenger seat and the saddle inwards. Could get two bikes and a lot of kit in this way.

ton

my tranny takes 14 bikes and men all at once.
    buy a cheap tranny.

firestarter
    Free Member

i had a cheap van but no more im afraid, ive just bought our lass a zafira which is great for bikes but she needs it more than me for the kids. so im making do lol

RudeBoy
    Free Member

buy a cheap tranny

Hmm, don’t fancy yours much..

I’m so, so sorry, Ton. I just couldn’t resist it.

Offroading
    Free Member

Take the rear seats completey out if you can, ive done that.

rich-6
    Free Member

Ive got a thule kit on the roof of my 3 door clio its solid as a rock 🙂

Getting a bike in is easy enough too both wheels off, back seats down and strap the mech up too. It fits in (just) with all my gear. Thought a fezza would be slightly larger

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘bike in my car . pain in the arse ;-)’ is closed to new replies.