Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bike Hire – Morzine
  • oopnorth
    Free Member

Long story short – My wife has given me a present of a few days in Morzine this weekend with the lads for my 40th Birthday. Yayy!
    Unfortunately I don’t have access to my own bike due to being away from home, so I will need to rent one.
    So anyone know of any good places to hire from and possible costs? I would be looking for something All Mountain like an Orange 5 or Alpine.

Thanks!

nickjb
    Free Member

A couple of the guys in our group hired Spicies from the shop in the centre by the tourist office. Nice bikes, wasn’t cheap, though, something like 80 euros a day.

toys19
    Free Member

yeah 70-80 euros a day, and they will be in sh*t order so beat the shop you rent them from to make sure the bike works.

5lab

aye, there’s loads of places to hire from, les gets has a few rental places as well. 80 euros for a play bike, 100+ for a dh bike, although being lots of competition you may be able to haggle them down a bit

nickf
    Free Member

Torico are excellent – have a decent range of Orange bikes – Alpine 160 is €75/day. Much recommended – no affiliation, just a happy customer.

http://www.toricomorzine.com/brands/

Mark_K

There was a shop at the bottom of the Pleny(sp?) lift that was hiring Santa Cru’s for 80/90 euro and they looked in good nick that was last week ?

Macgyver

I used Alpine Sport. Got GT Sanction for 3 days and a Fury for one day. Both bikes well specced and in good condition – Saint, Fox RC36 RC2’s (Boxxers on the Fury) etc.
    Lever travel on one brake was varying a bit on the Sanction one day and they bled the brakes for me whilst I had lunch and all was well again. Not cheap at 70/80 Euro a day but heck, if it was your own bike you might still be spending out on pads and a new set of tyres which wouldn’t be cheap but is treated as their problem not yours.
    All very civilised, I’d use then again – and they have a nice shop pooch!

oopnorth
    Free Member

Thanks for the help all! Guessed that would be the kind of price I would be looking at.

jhw
    Free Member

Torico’s a good shop in a town with lots of dodgy shops

toys19
    Free Member

There was a shop at the bottom of the Pleny(sp?) lift that was hiring Santa Cru’s for 80/90 euro and they looked in good nick that was last week ?

Baud Sport – actually the best shop in morzine for helpfulness, not cheap but normally have what you need and dole out the advice. Often got english or antipodean mechanics on tap and a few milfs running the tills..

Mark_K

toys19 – Member

Baud Sport – actually the best shop in morzine for helpfulness, not cheap but normally have what you need and dole out the advice. Often got english or antipodean mechanics on tap and a few milfs running the tills..

Yep thats the one 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bike Hire – Morzine’ is closed to new replies.