Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • bike guiding and europe….
  • Grump
    Free Member

The complications of being a legal bike guide in France have been pretty well discussed here on stw, but does anyone know how the various eu nations mtb guide schemes stack up for guiding in other eu countries? Do UK MBL qualifications work in Italy, Austria qualification in Spain etc?
    The little I’ve gleaned for Italy seems to suggest it depends. Aosta valley seems to need same as France, whereas down in Finale anything seems to go.
    Ideas!

tony07
    Free Member

Not 100% sure but check out eomtbing it’s an eu wide scheme that takes all the awards and scores them against a benchmark. Soon they’ll be giving out guide cards depending on your level. Switzerland and France already doing it.

Grump
    Free Member

Cheers Tony. I’d seen a little about the EOmtbing and hopefully it’s going to make working out if your guide is actually qualified to do their job or not a lot easier in a few years time. For just now though I thought it was still work in progress, I think they’re planning on it being fully EU wide by 2018.

tony07
    Free Member

I think to work in France you need a course coordinator who has the international mountain leader. Aslong as he’s involved and you have a Mtb qualification from the eu you’re sweet. Don’t quote me on this though. The new British cycling awards don’t include coaching as standard so won’t be that far up the ladder of the eomtbing stuff. Shots themselves in the foot a bit, only seem concerned with profit, much like the bcu

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘bike guiding and europe….’ is closed to new replies.