Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Bike for the wife
  • roughneck
    Free Member

About £200-£400

tthew

Sounds like a fair swap. 😀

Trekster

Spec Myka

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Pics?

z1ppy

Myka if she needs a female specific shaped bike, though Halfords now do a female specific Vulcan I haven't seen one to comment on

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Myka's are good. I've got a myka expert from last year. Its now just about surplus to requirements so if you want a second hand one…let me know 😛

The trek skye range is looking pretty good too 🙂

BigJohn

Last 2 times I bought one for Mrs BigJohn I called Merlin as they used to have quite a few NOS bikes in that price range. And STX/RC is still a good groupset 😕

Xylene
    Free Member

My missus is all of 4'11" and finding a bike was a nightmare.

Giant Boulder 12.5" just wasn't right and even with the shop offering to change stems, bars etc, it just was too much of a chew on.

Specialized Myka was a really good fit, but the only 13" we found got sold, and then the wait was until end of May for one.

She eventually got a Trek Skye S – it has a dropped cross bar,but it fitted her first time, no messing about, at 13" it's light enough for her to lug up and down the stairs into ours.

300 quid discounted from 325 – if you go up the spec I think it was 390ish for the Skye SL that had disc brakes.

I know it's not really that cool and off-roady, but it does what she wanted it to do.

Even had it around the Chopwell rollercoaster (parts of it) although I got knacked for taking her on it, it wasn't quite the nice ride around the woods she was expecting.

bangaio
    Free Member

My wife has a hardrock sport – she tried the myka but felt it too short – got a good price on a 15" as well.

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

Kona Lisa?

Bunnyhop

Kona bikes are always good for the female geometry. My first bike was a Kona Cindercone.

Look at different makes and try out as many as possible in that price range. Then maybe consider buying second hand for a better spec.

Xylene
    Free Member

What size frame?

Winstanley had some 2008/9 female marins in for ~350 quid

clem.west
    Free Member

Hi, I am selling a Kona Lisa 14" ladies full-suspension mtb. It is listed in the classifieds on this site (FS: Wmn's Kona Lisa full sus mtb, 14"). I am asking for £795, but will consider offers. I realise that it is above your specified price, but just in case you're interested! Regards.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Bike for the wife’ is closed to new replies.