Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • bike for my son?
  • 1-shed
    Free Member

Probably looking at second hand as my budget is £300. But it needs to be a single speed as I don’t think he will use/understand gears? He has outgrown his BMX so thinking SS mountain bike or cruiser BMX but I don’t know anything about them. Size wise he is about 5’8″ but grew 3″ last year aged 13. Any ideas/advice? Thanks 1 shed.

plus-one

Genesis io is my default answer 🙂 26″ wheels cheap second hand and a very nice ride

bearnecessities

If you’re near Leeds I’ve got a (16″?) 90’s merlin frame (v bosses) with bb, chainset, h/set, wheels, tyres & a seat post stuck in the frame you can have for nothing. 😀

MoreCashThanDash

My kids have been using gears since age 8. I’d suggest a dad and lad 1x? build project, should get the bits off here within budget.

My 12 year old has hit 5’6″, looking at getting him a 16″ Inbred frame to build up from my spares bin. He’s got 3-4″ growing room on that size having test ridden a mates

1-shed
    Free Member

Kind offer bear, but dew to his growing I don’t think it would work. Thanks 1 shed. Will google the io.

1-shed
    Free Member

My son has learning difficulties hence the SS requirement. Did a 1×9 project over the summer with my daughter that was fun. Thanks 1 shed.

MoreCashThanDash

Did wonder from the way you had phrased it. Quite a few slot dropout Inbreds on eBay for a ss project as well.

1-shed
    Free Member

Thanks More Cash I’ll keep my eyes peeled.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘bike for my son?’ is closed to new replies.