Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Bike Dogs…
  • julioflo
    Free Member

Thanks for all tips on training. I think Gylly is on the large side for a Border Terrier, at 8 months old he weighs 10Kg+
    Jogging training is coming 1st and no long runs until he is a year old.
    But I do like the idea of taking him slowly up and down a short section of bridleway on the lead with a bike to get the training underway.

On the subject of trail centres, i’m not sure if I would ever want to take him to one. As good as he seems to be, he is a terrier and is always going to be distracted by other mammals! So it’s open dartmoor and local woods riding for him I think!

http://posterous.com/getfile/files.posterous.com/floydblog/oixuiwS7dna3V86NZ7XGI2fJkjBc3dNCDvCiXzG56iGQlBMvI5eO2FRgk6gJ/Gylly_at_Godrevy_11.3.11.jpg.scaled.1000.jpg%5B/img

julioflo
    Free Member

Obligatory pic of Gylly having run riot at Godrevy should work this time!

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Just started taking my rr out with me now he’s 21 months old.Nothing to long yet,only gisburn red route(about 18km).As for training he was whistle trained from a puppy so not a problem up to now.

Pook

[video]http://www.vimeo.com/4178898[/video]

pastcaring
    Free Member

alexxx – Member
    nah its a horrid bike isnt it?

i think capo herd you dis his dads bike 😆

the pic of the fly and the dj bike was taken on my old estate, not the nicest place to live.
    funny no one tried to break in… 😯

the ridge back looks good!

winterfold
    Free Member

Grumpf that border terrier looks a good size for you – those ridgebacks could replace your bike

If youre riding midweek there’s hardly anyone around even in Surrey Hills so a dog makes good company – doesn’t answer back tell you what to do or laugh when you fall off for a start

Dont think I’d take mine up there at weekend she is too small and it’s too busy

beargotsoul

Only been out for a few rides with Woody, but she seems to be getting the hang of it.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/beargotsoul/5462767150[/url]
    Woody’s first ride by bear406z, on Flickr[/img]

br
    Free Member

Working cocker here, great with the bike but crap where there is any traffic. As said they’ll run, and run, and run…, watch their paws on harder surfaces.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

g.r.f,Pastcaring-Why thank you 8)

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Archie the Border Terrier

March 13th – Follow The Boss by Johnclimber, on Flickr

March 5th – Beach Ride & Run by Johnclimber, on Flickr

pastcaring
    Free Member

@G.R.F

i just zoomed out on your map, i’m not to far away from you between hastings and battle.
    if i ever see someone being dragged up the road at 20 mph by a dp, i’ll know its you 😆

OT what are the trails like on the other side of the marsh? thick sticky clay or something ridable?
    some good stuff this side (when its dry) if you’ve never looked, but not been great this winter due to all the rain…

thv3
    Free Member

Whippet here, natural chase instinct makes her an easy trail hound.

Can be a bit too keen to be in front mind, and loves the drop offs!! 😀

sherry
    Free Member

My dog is near going into retirement from her biking days, she’s about ten now and dont want to push her too hard. Nearly ten years biking with me, gutted she cant come out as often now!! Many many happy biking times with her and plenty hill walking looking for trails with her to come.

pastcaring
    Free Member

i grew up (some may disagree) in north kent so know all about the chalk. only lived down here for 14 months
    still trying to find my way around.
    i’ll have a look around hamstreet cheers.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

G.R.F. – Member

I might hang out on this forum a bit more, I usually get bored with bikers and their anorak ‘have you got the right spacer’ can’t be doing with it. But if that bender winterfold can take it, I’m sure I can,

If you have been able to put up with the Contributor in Chief over there for the last few years then this place is easy!

winterfold
    Free Member

Love that pic thv3 I’d like a whippet but don’t think my daughters cats would 🙂

charliedontsurf

Inspired by this thread on Sunday morning… I treated Olive to some techie single track…
    [img]http://www.charliethebikemonger.com/ekmps/shops/bikemonger/resources/Design/puddle2.jpg[/img]

I have added a cow bell (£4 off ebay) and a fluro neck buff to my trail hound. This works pretty well as otherwise she is invisible in bracken/woods etc. You also get a festive raindeer sound when she is about to cut you up.

scruff
    Free Member

I taught Banff the BEHIND command, use it before a big hill so he doesnt get out in front and take the wrong trail / turn.

TiRed

Took Merlot, our Cocker around the Top of Swinley yesterday with Son1. deliberately tried to avoid the STW crush. He loves it. A lot better then me on the drop-offs. Can disappear into the bushes, but always comes when called. The dog does the same 🙄

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Bike Dogs…’ is closed to new replies.