Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • bike-discount.de – any experience?
  • kitebikeski
    Free Member

Looking to get a couple of tyres from bike-discount.de
    Does anyone have any experience of them – delivery times etc?

Tyres are at least a tenner cheaper than from UK sources, but I need them for 10 days time.

Thanks

creamegg
    Free Member

Bit slow to dispatch, had to call them to chase it up but as soon as they did it arrived within 3 days. They couldn’t give a reason why it took them 5 days to dispatch as all items were in stock but when I called they said it will be in the post that day.

Bregante

Used lots on here (unlike the search facility 😉 )

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/search.php?q=Bike-discount.de

smogmonster

I get lots from them, stuff usually arrives within 3-4 days. Great prices as well.

grumpyrs

Used them last week.

Ordered over the weekend and goods arrived Wednesday by DPD.

Delivery was £4.95 for an item weighing 13 kg.

Excellent 😀

jamesco

Yep, good , delivery always quick here, how do they do it so cheaply?

kitebikeski
    Free Member

That’ll do for me!

Thanks!

kitebikeski
    Free Member

WOW!!
    Ordered last night at 11pm, dispatched today.

Contast that with several recent experiences of CRC!

Haze

New pedals ordered and delivered within a week, very happy.

wallop

I ordered last Wednesday, still no despatch. I am grumpy today.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Sadly to redress the balance, my experience of them in comparison has been crap.

7 weeks ago now I ordered a set of brakes from them. Apparently they were delivered to me, but it would appear the DPD driver wasn’t quite so honest & either fancied them for his bike, or delivered them to the wrong house & forged my signature.

Currently still waiting for a refund, despite my best efforts & really starting to get angry about it now.

I imagine they are great if nothing goes wrong.

MarkN
    Free Member

Used them, a few times and all has been good. About 5 working days from order to delivery.

mudshark
    Free Member

I ordered something from them, got an email confirming order. A week later not heard anything so asked what the status is. A few more days later told there was a problem with paying using my credit card. Now they are out of stock of the item I wanted. No idea why they couldn’t tell me earlier there was a problem. I called my credit card but they had no record of rejecting a payment so don’t know what the issue is.

Anyone else have problems like this? I used a Capital One card.

markhw
    Free Member

Used to buy tyres and reverb seat post great service

gogzee
    Free Member

Used Hi-bike for a reverb, took about 4 days to arrive which when you consider the saving is well worth it.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Bloody hell, how many Reverb variants!

Aside from seatpost diameter I assume it’s cable on the left or right, actual insert length, drop amount and whether you get the bleed kit or not?

edlong
    Free Member

Bought some tyres recently, very cheap compared to UK suppliers, and arrived about as quickly.

trambler

Tyres, ordered Saturday, arrived Tuesday. Saved £30 over CRC

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

JUst ordered and entire XT 10spd transmission – Save just over £100 of comparable CRC prices.

Ordered tyres before and they came well enough in the post.

metalheart
    Free Member

Ordered a 10 speed XT transmission the other week. It would have arrived in under 5 days (inc over the weekend) if I had been in to receive it… And I’m in NE Scotland.

Only complaint I have is they sent me a top swing mech when I needed a bottom swing. Sadly that was actually my fault for not researching which one was which first… 😳

I saved £100 over uk prices and would definitely use them again.

Bizarrely my credit card bill places them in Portugal (I opted to pay in £’s though)

davehowlett
    Free Member

Bike-Discount have been great – just placed a couple of orders with them. One was two days ago and it dispatched yesterday. The second was at 8am today and it dispatched at lunchtime!

I’ve got a trade account with them now, so if anyone ever needs anything from there, I can get it a bit cheaper and get it shipped straight to you 🙂

smiff
    Free Member

sehr gut!
    super Preis! yahyah

(how’s my german?) copied from reviews :p

Rosss
    Free Member

Ordered a crankset, shifter cassette and chain on saturday and it was here tuesday. Brilliant service. They used 24 hour service for me once it was in this country.

mlucas666
    Free Member

Bike discount have about 800 quid out of me in the last few months across 4-5 orders.

Flawless so far. Just awaiting my new XT groupset from them, currently in the hands of DHL.

anthonyb
    Free Member

They are brilliant value for money. Especially on tyres
    im just waiting on an order from them as well (dispatched on tuesday) – sent via DHL.
    Anybody used the tracking service? As for the life of me i cant find a number on the PDF dispatch confirmation that works? Any insight into which one is supposed to work?

davehowlett
    Free Member

I’ve only used the DPD service – click the link on the right of the invoice (probably says Routing on the PDF) and it should open the link to the site (at least it does with DPD)

anthonyb
    Free Member

Cheers Dave! Worked a treat!

davehowlett
    Free Member

No problem 🙂

davehowlett
    Free Member

And if you want anything from BD, let me know – I can discount their own prices with my trade account and get the stuff shipped direct to you! 🙂

anthonyb
    Free Member

Sounds great! I will drop you a line for my next order. Thanks again!

davehowlett
    Free Member

No worries 🙂

themoodster
    Free Member

Yarp, another happy customer here. Their returns policy works fine too after I ballsed up a shifter order. Returned for refund with no problems. Even invoice in English, which was unexpected.

davehowlett
    Free Member

yeah, that is my experience too – they do take a little while to get back to you, but seem to at least understand English, which is better than my bank does!

curiousyellow
    Free Member

How would one place a trade order through you?

ononeorange

Very good here too – although be warned, their courier insists on a signature – they won’t leave it (even if you ask them to).

wallop

Still waiting for my stuff – ordered two weeks ago >:(

rhysw
    Free Member

I ordered some tires from them and they came in at 40% cheaper than Crc and arrived in 3 days. Defiantly be using them again

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Very good here too – although be warned, their courier insists on a signature – they won’t leave it (even if you ask them to).

Not in my experience, the courier on my order (DPD in this instance) decided to forge my signature & the parcel is still AWOL.

Still, I got an email this morning, finally agreeing to refund me. Only took 7 weeks!

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘bike-discount.de – any experience?’ is closed to new replies.