Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Bike Discount de non postage to UK on Cube
  • Tomahawk
    Free Member

I’m needing this in my life…
    http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/cube-stereo-120-hpc-race-29-carbon-n-white-242456/wg_id-7261

However, due to legal reasons apparently Bike Discount de can’t send it. Can anyone shed any light on this please?

wrecker
    Free Member

It’s not due to legal restrictions. It’s due to Cubes trade restrictions, and if anything is illegal!!!!!!

stevied
    Free Member

Probably because Cube have distributors in the UK and want you to use them for the business. It’s fairly normal, lots of stuff on Jenson USA can’t be shipped here due to the same reason

wrecker
    Free Member

It’s fairly normal, lots of stuff on Jenson USA can’t be shipped here due to the same reason

The USA aren’t part of the EU open market. I’d be surprised if Cube were allowed to do this.

stevied
    Free Member

Good point, well made..forgot the EU open market bit 😳

cokie

If you need a hand I’ve got an address in Germany.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

They told me that it was a problem with their currency converter or summit.

But they seemed to get it sorted and I got my discounted cube frame delivered to Blighty.

While you’re waiting for them to resolve this problem, maybe take a swatch round their website for a spare mech hanger (just incase). 😉

leffeboy

It should be doable depending on how hard you try. My wife, who is very scary, had got to the point where a UK cooker manufacturer was about to ship us a cooker to Belgium even though they swore blind that they couldn’t due to ‘elf and safety but she made them because they had to within the eu. I then found a special offer a bit cheaper locally so we bought that instead

it took a lot of work and perseverance though

fooman

Contact them – I had this on a dropper and they said it was an error and sorted it.

nickdavies

Because they’d rather you buy it from their UK network rather than another country which may well have a different cost base (plus the current Euro situation has a bearing). You can see the logic behind it as it’s maintaining a retail network and keeping the peace, rather than having everyone race to the bottom on price and devaluing the brand and potentially losing them distribution.

There’s nothing illegal about it at all – you cannot refuse to sell something to a customer purely because they live in another EU country but this isn’t that as there are routes to purchase in the UK, which would be a valid reason to refuse the sale. You also can’t charge someone who lives elsewhere in the EU more than a resident but this wouldn’t apply either.

You can buy them in the UK… http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/cube-stereo-120-hpc-race-29-suspension-bike-2015/rp-prod127759?gs=1&gclid=COTSj4yAnMUCFczJtAodDxkA9A&gclsrcQ=aw.ds

(And yes I realise the irony of linking to a company that have never sold an item of goods at RRP!)

scotroutes

Can bikediscount charge for the mandatory change of brake lever/caliper required for a bike to be sold in the UK?

br
    Free Member

It should be doable depending on how hard you try. My wife, who is very scary, had got to the point where a UK cooker manufacturer was about to ship us a cooker to Belgium even though they swore blind that they couldn’t due to ‘elf and safety but she made them because they had to within the eu. I then found a special offer a bit cheaper locally so we bought that instead

Maybe due to there been different ‘rules’ on electrics etc?

When we lived in Germany we bought a Laura Ashley sofa, we had a problem with it and they took it back. We then had to come back to the UK and they couldn’t ship us the same sofa into the UK (due to fire regs), so shipped us a new (UK spec) one.

vinnyeh

That’s curious- bike discount were quite happy to ship these to the U|K a couple of weeks back… http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/cube-attention-26-frame-grey-n-green-233708/wg_id-276

wrecker
    Free Member

Can bikediscount charge for the mandatory change of brake lever/caliper required for a bike to be sold in the UK?

If you don’t tell, I doubt they will.

BoomBip
    Free Member

Just switched the destination country to a few other european ones and that restriction doesn’t appear. Worth contacting them as it may be an error at their end

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m sure they could decline to ship to certain areas due to it not fitting their business model 😉 you are free to buy it just need to collect from somewhere they will ship to.

alanf
    Free Member

I’ve got one of the cube attentions above and there was no problem them shipping that to the UK.
    Get on to them to get it sorted.

rickmeister

German address here to. Just working through a canyon purchase in € for a mate in the UK…

jimjam
    Free Member

Consider how the warranty process will go when it breaks. Will bikediscount.de send you out a new frame based on photos or will you need to ship the bike back to Germany?

Tomahawk
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback all… I forgot that I posted this tbh! 😆

I did email them and I’m still waiting despite the 72hr response time long since elapsed, think I’ll fire them a chaser.

Thanks for the offer of the deutche address… My old man lives in Norway so I’m looking at that as an option. Just got to monitor that € rate to maximise the disco.

With regards to warranty, I thought Cube operate a global main dealer warranty policy?

Tomahawk
    Free Member

Discount that last sentence… I miss read something in a mag.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Bike Discount de non postage to UK on Cube’ is closed to new replies.