Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bike Discount de any good?
  • Bruce

Due to the failure of my rear caliper on my Genesis and no spares being available for 6 weeks, I am considering ordering one from bike-discount de is there anything I should know about them before I order the part?

Any advice would be useful Thanks

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Better than most of the competitors.

Only potential downside is in the event of warranty, they’ll sort it, but you have to post it to germany……

Mackem

They are cheap and efficient. Very good customer services too. (They sent me the wron bar once, a more expensive one, told me to just keep it, their mistake not mine)

otsdr
    Free Member

They are as good as any of the usual German stores (i.e. bike-components, bike24, r2-bike, rose)

Yak

Very good. Often quicker delivery than CRC etc.

andyl
    Free Member

In contrast I had a bad experience with them as they had the wrong information on some forks I ordered. I realised before I fitted them (well, checked the serial number with Sram just out of curiosity as I was suspicious when about to fit them) but outside of their 1 month returns window. Forks were completely new and I was covered by the EU equivalent of SOGA but they didn’t want to know and found them quite ignorant and didn’t want to know. Even after me sending them a screen shot of their website showing the incorrect information which they were refusing they listed at all.

rocketman
    Free Member

Have ordered some really obscure bits from them and they’ve never failed to deliver. No problems

teadrinker
    Free Member

Ordered set of DT Swiss wheels from them on Thursday and they turned up yesterday, very happy with them.

sportsnapper
    Free Member

All very reassuring – need some 26″ DT rims and the only place i can get them is bike-components.de

Bruce

Thank you all very much, it’s really helpful

welshfarmer

@ Sportsnapper. I have used bike-discount, bike-components, action-sports and bike-24 in the past and only had good service from all of them. Just had to do a warranty return to bike components and they emailed me a bar-code sticker for UPS to return at no cost.

EDIT: running a low volume German made bike they are often the only options for obscure bits

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bike Discount de any good?’ is closed to new replies.