Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Bike discount de
  • tiff
    Free Member

Has anyone used bike discount.de the seem to be the cheapest by far on a set of Mavic crossmax sx and wondered what people’s experience was

tang
    Free Member

Used without problems here.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

They are excellent, multiple orders with no problems and tend to be between 2-4 days delivery.

Furious

+1

Got my Reverb from them. Great price and great service. Delivery in three days.

xcentric
    Free Member

excellent response to questions too. ended up buying my reverb from crc only cos they didn’t have it in stock and after various crc discounts I got it for only a few quid more. The only thing to be aware of is that warranty claims mean shipping it back to them, but it’s no hassle and only a day or so longer.

jonke
    Free Member

+1 to the positive comments

jamesco

+1 easy to use and fast AND cheap

warpcow
    Free Member

+1 for excellent service from them. Even warranty returns have gone painlessly.

davewalsh
    Free Member

Ordered a tyre from them last Sunday, arrived on Wednesday. V.Happy.

1969pedalpusher
    Free Member

You probably don’t need another thumbs up, but the service and deal I got from them was excellent too. Saved loads on a drivetrain, ordered Monday night, arrived in office Thursday a.m. And I don’t think there are issues with import tax or whatever – certainly I don’t know anyone who has had to pay.

hazza123
    Free Member

^I think if it’s shipping to and from Europe there should be no tax. Only if you ship out (I think)

monkeyboyjc

again +1 thumbs up – i look there before CRC now…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

no extra tax in the EU – single market.

fizzer
    Free Member

Yep XTR cassete 2 days delivery nearly 40 quid cheaper than UK

Trekster

Just found a whole load of stuff I could do with 🙄

honourablegeorge

Got my Crossmax SX off them, no hassles at all.

Doubleyouess
    Free Member

Sorry to disagree. I purchased a lot of stuff from bike discount back in March and yes they were competitive on price.

On the 21/07/12 I sent back an XTR Rear Brake as the lever had become defective (internal spring fault). (I spoke with Maddison and they said its a common fault and warranty should be simple).

Bike Discount received the brake with return forms on 26/07/12.

They stated it can take 2-3 weeks to sort this with their supplier.

Since then I have asked for updates weekly as I am moving house tomorrow and am concerned about the return postage.

But no information is received and am I told the item is still with the supplier and to wait.

Today being the end of the 3 week turn-around period I emailed again and was told that it could take 3-4 weeks, but again with no specific details.

How long am I supposed to wait, I have stressed to them that my warranty is with the them not the supplier nor shimano, and that they should be dealing with this. However when they reply they ignore this completely.

If anyone has any information or advice I would be very grateful.

rocketman
    Free Member

Yup brakes, pedals, tyres from them

Regular order updates, fast shipping via DHL/Yodel

No problems

organic355
    Free Member

can we have a FAQ section?, as this is asked at least twice a week.

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Great to deal with but be warned, they use DHL to ship and although my previous two orders hit the UK very quickly getting them delivered was a nightmare as they sub out alot of deliveries to lazy f***ers.

smiff
    Free Member

yeah, parcelforce. useless. they mistyped a letter of my postcode when they got it at gatwick and delivered my bike kit to the wrong person, luckily they didn’t accept it so back to depot. then they blamed bd.de, but bd had their labels right.

i know way more than i wanted to about the route my stuff took…

yay for bd, boo for pf. how pf are still in business amazes me, they **** up so often. even if you pay the extra 2E for DHL, it goes to PF when it lands in UK.

also when i had to call bd.de about a mising order (technical problem), they were very professional and spoke pretty good English. better than my german 😉

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Ironic really, I ordered a brakeset from them earlier this week, delivery via DPD (who have always been awesome in the past!).

Made it all the way to my front door & apparently signed for by me (whilst I was at work – no mean feat to be in 2 places at once) and no parcel to be seen. Great!

DPD customer services arn’t interested, apparently the driver has no explination what’s happened, say I have to go back to Bike Discount to open a dispute, which could be fun, considering the obvious language barrier!

cuberider
    Free Member

Yes, great. Returned clothing items. Refunded everything including postage. Would buy again.

Pound a little stronger these days so even better value.

geedub16
    Free Member

had Ultegra groupset from or similar company from germany (most likely them) few years back saved a packet and it was delivered by DHL tracked fast shipping perfect

so just ordered an XT groupset yesterday already tracked out on the road

smiff
    Free Member

haha so you can have DPD, who may (allegedly) be fraudulent, or pay 2euro for DHL/PF, who are just inept.
    shame DHL won’t go “all the way” any more.

Sooo.. are shimano/madison going to do anything about the huge price difference in UK vs Germany?

edited to avoid any legal issues here 😯

geedub16
    Free Member

ordered XT groups et wednesday morning from bike-discount.com received friday lunch time

last time I got a box full of road kit all in bags this time all the gear is individually boxed in nice XT branded cardboard also it appears I have got a bottom bracket with the crank too even though I thought I was ordering that separate (still might have to depending on the size) as there was no bottom bracket option so assumed wouldn’t get one

paid the extra 2 euro DHL and tracked all the way

now thats efficient but not really surprised with the germans

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Just ordered a new bar and stem for the road bike which arrived quickly.

Then some drivetrain bits for the hardtail.

Forgot to order a zee mech for the Pitch, but it’s still cheeper than any uk place even with postage!

DPD I don’t use as their depot is miles away. Using DHL sees to result in the package arriving via Royal Mail so far more convenient for the sake of 2euro.

smiff
    Free Member

yeah geedub16, you didn’t have a yellow DHL truck in your drive did you? if so i’m jealous.

geedub16
    Free Member

not sure about the yellow truck on the drive didnt take delivery of the box just glad it arrived quickly and safe to be fair I dont trust any delivery geezers I only paid the 2 euro for the saturday delivery

good point though I will ask what truck arrived

Hooter
    Free Member

Ordered a folding bike from them a while ago. It arrived minus around £30 worth of accessories shown/described on their site. It’s taken them more than 5 weeks to even acknowledge the problem by e-mail, and I’ve no idea when/if they will ship the parts. Generally bad communication and customer service. Seems like it’s OK to use them for tyres and the like where there’s not much to go wrong, but I couldn’t recommend them for buying a bike…

johnski15
    Free Member

All I can say is….NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER buy off Bike Discount.de. They are totally useless… Reverb bought in September, Got a different colour collar model to one ordered and emailed to see if it was correct and that I had got a 2012 model as advertised (didn’t mind about the collar, but obviously did regarding the year)…9 days later got a reply, they culdn’t tell me if it was 2011 or 2012 so has to check with Rockshox – 3 days later confirmed…Fitted on to my bike…Lasted 1 hour on the Trail at Llandegla.

Had to send it back to Germany – postage paid by me to be refunded by them (but they told me to do it the cheapest way poss’ or they wouldn’t refund). However, they did refund quickly to my credit card.

After months of chasing (December 2012) – the post was a write off, so I asked for a refund due to all of the problems with the order…Only to find on the day of asking that a brand new post was in the mail to me…I told them it was coming straight back, hence I refused the delivery and it went back to Germany.

I was assuming the refund would go back onto my credit card (likr the postage) with out any problems….NOT SO! They then need some international banking codes to process my refund….After several emails and plenty of frustration and worry…It was decided that I could have a refund via paypal…YES YOU GOT IT….I ended up paying fees for the money transfer….This was then battled out and I basically get all my fees back barring 31p…..

I lucky escape I think…

Please, please do yourself a favour and buy from the UK…Merlin, CRC and such like are easily, if not better in price!!

Vinnyc
    Free Member

I’ve ordered a few times off them and they were quick no hassle

bren2709

Ordered various stuff without problems.

deadkenny
    Free Member

johnski15
    After months of chasing (December 2012) – the post was a write off, so I asked for a refund due to all of the problems with the order…Only to find on the day of asking that a brand new post was in the mail to me…I told them it was coming straight back, hence I refused the delivery and it went back to Germany.

Why did you refuse a brand new post? Was highly likely it would be the 2012 model as everyone else’s seems to be. Sure they just made a mistake somewhere.

Please, please do yourself a favour and buy from the UK…Merlin, CRC and such like are easily, if not better in price!!

Easier perhaps, but none of the big names will match the price anywhere near. Besides I can match your moans about bike-discount.de with mine about CRC. Though I take it as a slip up and still order from them, though always have to allow for slow shipping as CRC orders for me rarely go out “same day” as they claim and usually take at least a week even when in stock.

Only issue I had with bike-discount.de was I paid for DHL and while it got into the UK super quick (shipped and by the evening I had an email it was in the country!)… it then sat at Heathrow for days while ParcelFarce picked it up and then delivered it to my local Post Office as wasn’t in, and that place is only open 9 to 5.30 during the week with no redelivery option… and I’m at work during these hours! So had to wait the whole week to pick it up at the weekend. Still, I didn’t need it until then thankfully. Not the retailers fault though, just PF are so crap.

tomd
    Free Member

Ordered a pair of tyres a month or so back at the weekend. Had them by Tuesday so no complaints from me. You could choose either DPD or DHL (extra cost) as the carrier. Tbh the tyres were so much cheaper than could be had here that it was worth the extra (potential) risk with returns.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I too go to German sites before wiggle and crc these days. T

he prices are far more favourable, delivery is faster and to date I’ve not had any warranty issues. TBH, if you’re going to buy from abroad, you really ought to expect the warranty side of things to be more of a hassle if something goes wrong. I do all my own spannering and repairs these days, and sometimes when things are wrong, I’ll take the hit and replace/repair myself, given the amount of money I’m saving, this is something I’m prepared to deal with occasionally.

Seems like most of the problems are from retards with unrealistic expectations of how distance selling works IMO.

themoodster
    Free Member

+1 for positive, cheap and delivered in the same time frame as CRC. Had no problems returning products, refunds came just as swiftly.

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

Big difference between returning items and customer support.

It took them 6 weeks to replace my broken xtr trail pedal. A friends xtr trail pedal also broke around the same time and only took 3 days from a uk shop to Madison and back with a new one. I won’t buy anything from the Germans that has a risk of going wrong now.

Seems others have had the same sort of experience.

joshuaheron
    Free Member

Recently got a Fox Float CTD Remote from them. fast shiping and regular updates. Recommend over wiggle any time.

johnski15
    Free Member

Seems like most of the problems are from retards with unrealistic expectations of how distance selling works IMO

I want something that I buy to work (very retarded).

If it doesn’t, I expect a replacement or refund (very retarded).

I don’t expect p*ss poor customer service and 5 weeks for a replacement (very retarded).

If I do, cut my losses and get refund (very retarded).

All of the above was what I experienced with the Germans….And Merlin cycles (within the 5 week period) became £25 cheaper for the Reverb!!

This is to warn people that there are issuse with warranty/faulty returns and it is a massive hassle!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Bike discount de’ is closed to new replies.