Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bike computer that records RPM?
  • JCornford

Does anyone know if any bike computers record your RPM, all of the ones I have seen display it but only whilst you are riding?

wwaswas

the Garmin ones do.

JCornford

They are a little pricey for me.

cynic-al
    Free Member

why?

JCornford

I need to increase my RPM for BMX racing, it would be good to be able to do sprint training and see what the max revs are and train to improve them.

I_did_dab
    Free Member

Something like a cateye strada cadence would show your cadence, but not record it.

njee20
    Free Member

Data recording is expensive, Polar and Garmin both do it, but you’re looking at fairly big money to get one that’ll actually remember. The Cateye Triple Wireless has a maximum cadence feature I think, so you could check after each interval.

carlos
    Free Member

Polar CS300 Cad displays it and shows an average and max per session which can be viewed in the history, think you can also transmit the data to your PC using one of Polar’s accessories.

Carl

JCornford

I would need to record it as for interval training I wouldn’t be able to look at it.

I’ll check out those computers when i get home.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Just bought a cateye cadance strada thing for me and the mrs. Work a treat. Then saw a specialized computer cheap in Leisure Lakes that claimed to show cadence, max cadence and average cadence.

Might be worth a look.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I bought a garmin edge 305 for about £100 second hand, If I was less lazy I could sell my other 3 computers for that much as its easy to swap it between bikes.

The download function is less use than I thought though, in general the graphys just look like a mess as its quite easy to stay in one gear and your cadencefluctuate between 60-90rpm without feeling too much need to shift for 30 seconds, and a 2 hour ride has a lot of 30seconds in it.

Ditto speed, cadence, etc. Irocicaly the GPS computer is at its most usefull on the turbo when the speed/power/cadence/HR are all easier to isolate!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bike computer that records RPM?’ is closed to new replies.