Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Bike collision last night Feeling a bit bad
  • IamSam
    Free Member

On the commute home last night I had a collision with another cyclist. It was on a dedicated cycle lane next to a fairly busy road and from my direction a blind right hand bend.
    By the time we saw each other there was no time to stop, i've broke hard and ended up laying the bike down to stop my self going into the main road but it the process completely took out her bike. So next thing bang,collision both hit the ground quite hard, but nether of us ended up on the road.
    We both picked our selves up and checked over the bikes her front brake and come undone so I fixed this for her asked her if she was ok, she said her knee was a bit sore but she was all right so we exchanged pleasantries and apologies and went our separate ways.
    Now on my way home I started to feel guilty. At the time I wasn't running a front light, its not totally dark on the way home yet, so I picked one up last night. Also didn't even think of getting the women's details to check that she and her bike were ok today, if we had bumped cars this is one of the first things you do.

So I guess the point of this is what would others have done. Just moments before I'd had a near miss with a car not indicating on a roundabout so was a little distracted which kind of makes me feel that this was my fault.
    Any way pride and arse now bruised, but feeling somewhat better for getting this off my chest.

thank you for listening

That is all
    Sam.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Don't worry about it, I've accidentally knocked people off race courses and trails, make sure the person is OK (which you did) and move on.

samuri
    Free Member

I wouldn't feel too bad about it. If she is having any real problems she'll make her husband wait for you there to duff you up.

MrNutt
    Free Member

Sam? how long had you been planning this "chance encounter" for? wasn't she supposed to land upon you?

oh by the way I managed to pick up that lockable wardrobe you wanted, its in the woods, where we discussed 😉

IanMunro
    Free Member

So I guess the point of this is what would others have done

I wouldn't have crashed in the first place 🙂

IamSam
    Free Member

Yeah not crashing would have been great but its autumn there are leaves on the ground and, as has been said on here once or twice :wink:, mountain kings grip on nowt :-).

Mr Nutt I have no idea what your on about and she was far to old for me any way.

This encounter, shouldn't really call it that on here just asking for it really :roll:, has made me change the batteries in my lights though so some good has come of it.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Was there not enough room to pass her safely? Too fast on a blind bend? Distracted and grabbed a handful of brake and fell off?

Just questions – only you know the answers. Learn and move on. But you should have got her phone number 😉

ourmaninthenorth

You feel guilty? I ran over a blind man the other day..! 😳

crazy-legs

Be glad it was only a person, I got taken out by a CAR last night. 🙁

coffeeking
    Free Member

It's done now, you apologised and checked her over at the time – you can't ask much more.

Dobbo

ourmaninthenorth – Member

You feel guilty? I ran over a blind man the other day..!

Ohh man alive 😆

grumm
    Free Member

I ran over and killed 5 dogs in a park on my bike yesterday and I don't feel even a little bit guilty.

IamSam
    Free Member

TandemJeremy

no room for two bikes, not a complete blind bend but evil cheep red Lancashire tarmac and leaves and any brakes= fail

always too fast but that's all relative in't it? as before she was a bit old for me.

Crazy legs, that sucks mate thought i'd got away with it last night

ourmaninthenorth

Be glad it was only a person, I got taken out by a CAR last night.

Bad news 😥 You join a clubmate, who was knocked off by a car yesterday (and I havd my incident earlier this week).

Be careful out there people..!

ourmaninthenorth

Ohh man alive

Thankfully, yes.

Full story here.

crazy-legs

Amazingly, the bike, my clothing and I are all fine!
    I was going down a bus lane, solid traffic jam in the lane to my right then suddenly an oncoming car turned right through a gap in the traffic and right across my path. I couldn't avoid him, way too close and hit the back of his car and went down. I jumped up immediately, he stopped and ran back even more shaken than I was. He parked up, we checked for any damage, he was *very* apologetic, no harm done, no harsh words and we went on our ways, him promising to be a lot more careful in future when cutting across bus lanes.

None of the drivers stuck in the traffic jam bothered getting out to offer their services as a witness or check I was OK though – tossers.

Still, first time I've ever actually been knocked off in over 15 years of commuting in city traffic, no harm done.

Ride safe out there – I think the early darkness has caught a few people out without lights etc. (I had 3 bright front lights, including a helmet mounted Exposure…)

Edit: sorry for thread hijack!

Dobbo

Thankfully, yes.

Full story here.

I missed that thread the other day, not very nice, glad you're both OK. The thing that made me laugh was the way you dropped it into this thread fairly casually! I didn't mean to be flippant.

BigJohn

So you tossed yourself off AND blocked her passage.

(courtesy of Max Miller)

Onzadog
    Free Member

was she fit?

robgarrioch

I ran over and killed 5 dogs in a park on my bike yesterday

Was it an advertised dog show, that you just happened to fit ice stud tyres for, Grumm? 😈

ourmaninthenorth

The thing that made me laugh was the way you dropped it into this thread fairly casually! I didn't mean to be flippant.

Not at all. I was trying to provoke a titter.

😀

BluePalomino
    Free Member

So I guess the point of this is what would others have done

relaxing post-crash shag?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Bike collision last night Feeling a bit bad’ is closed to new replies.