Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • bike clothing fitt!!!
  • d4ntheman1986
    Free Member

does anyone know where i could get some biking gear made to fit me? i have a nightmare getting stuff to fit properly as im 6″5 and only weight 12.5 stone. i cant get any jerseys to fit me without being to baggy. bib shorts are ok its just the jersey that i struggle with. thanks

ashfanman
    Free Member

I’m more or less exactly the same height and weight as you. I assume you’re talking about road jerseys, giving that you want it to be really close fitting? If so, have you tried Castelli? I bought one of their Prima jerseys and it fits perfectly. I tried one from Sportful, which was also pretty good.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Anything Italian I would have thought.

d4ntheman1986
    Free Member

yere sorry i meant snug fitting road gear.
    ashfanman what size did you go with? in thos brands?

ashfanman
    Free Member

I got a Castelli Prima in large, which was the best overall fit and really nice quality. I also tried the Castelli Fuga, which was a bit tighter, so I needed an XL, but it was also a bit too short at the front. The Sportful was the Tour jersey, also in large. It was a very close call between that and the Prima – both very nice.

Other brands that I didn’t get on with at all: Gore, Endura, Altura, Mavic.

d4ntheman1986
    Free Member

thanks very much for that, ive just emailed you lol so ignore that, ill see what i can find. thanks again

MrSmith
    Free Member

You are not exactly slimline compared to some roadies so getting stuff to fit should be easy. I find castelli, santini, rapha, mavic and giordana stuff fits me well and I’m slimmer than you at 6ft2 and under 10.5 stone.
    Basically any pro-road or Italian stuff should fit. Sizing is all over the place though I have S,M,L jerseys from various manufacturers and they all fit well. Castelli is a good place to start.

ashfanman
    Free Member

You are not exactly slimline compared to some roadies so getting stuff to fit should be easy.

From my experience, it’s more the issue of getting something that is close fitting while still being long enough. I know you’re also tall, at 6’2, but being 6’5 does make it that bit more difficult. I had to try on about 10 different jerseys before I found one with a fit I was happy with. (And don’t get me started on waterproof trousers.)

MrSmith
    Free Member

I have short legs so need long torso (not so much arms) too.
    Had real problems getting a softshell that fitted and went with a castelli espresso duo that was expensive but worth it. If you also have long arms have a look at pearl Izumi, the softshell’s I looked at were a bit baggy round the upper arm for me but were half way down my hands on the arms so really long.

As for waterproofs if gore are anything like their longs they may have the length you need. I have a size S pair of biblongs that are so long they bunch round the ankles, no idea how a ‘normal’ sub 6ft small person is supposed to wear them.

stufive
    Free Member

I think Castelli make up sizing as they go along ive just bought some bib shorts and had to get large and also a castelli jersey in xl I’m only 5,7 150 lb. with 30 in waist Who is wearing there small sizes?! 😯

d4ntheman1986
    Free Member

yere one of the biggest issues is getting a good fit in the body but making sure its long enough. also getting long sleeve tops to fit me in the body and also in the arm, i can get a great fit in the body but the arms are always to short.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Castelli / sportfull are the same company, but yes anything italian seems to be skinny, guess roadies aren’t bothered about length as the bibs cover your lower torso.

I’ve an XL northwave top and it looks like it’s been spray painted on!

crikey
    Free Member

getting a good fit in the body but making sure its long enough

Good gear is designed so it’s long enough when you are on a bike, in a racing position. Trying it on stood up in front of a mirror is not the way to buy cycling stuff.

ashfanman
    Free Member

Good gear is designed so it’s long enough when you are on a bike, in a racing position. Trying it on stood up in front of a mirror is not the way to buy cycling stuff.

Did anyone say that’s what they were doing?

As for waterproofs if gore are anything like their longs they may have the length you need.

Spot on – that’s what I ended up with. I still had to go up one size to get the required length, but they still fit pretty well elsewhere.

crikey
    Free Member

Did anyone say they weren’t?

It’s an observation…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘bike clothing fitt!!!’ is closed to new replies.