Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bike buying dilemma
  • gdj001
    Free Member

Hi all,

Currently I’ve got a Genesis Altitude 30 and have recently demo’d both a rumblefish 29er and a blur LT.

So I’ve pretty much made my mind up that I want a full suss and around 140mm travel and 26″ wheels. So here is the dilemma, do I go for a new bike something like a blur but cheaper, heckler maybe? Or do I get a new frame and forks and transfer everything else across and sell my current frame and forks?

Appreciate if you could point me in the right direction!

Cheers

Gribs

It’s always better to have more bikes so keep your Genesis and get a whole new bike.

dyls

The blur is a superb bike, you’ll like it. If the genesis is 100mm travel, keep it as well. Always nice to have a few different options.

chakaping
    Free Member

Shop wisely and you can pick up a complete bike for not a lot more than the Blur frame.

I’d also keep the Genesis – a trail HT like that complements a longer-travel FSer really well I reckon.

Happy shopping, picking a new bike is fun.

gdj001
    Free Member

Cheers for all the advice

Not sure i’ll be able to keep the genesis if i do fork out for a new bike unfortunately.

Anything you recommend I look at? How does a Heckler ride in comparison to the Blur LT?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bike buying dilemma’ is closed to new replies.