Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bike build dilemma #2
  • druidh
    Free Member

With a couple of recent changes to my quiver, I find that my trusty Onion (Ti hardtail – currently with rigid forks) is gonna be surplus to requirements. I’m not sure whether to keep it or flog it – in bits or as a whole.

One option would be to strip off the XTR components and put them on my Scandal (currently running XT) to save a few grammes, and then sell on the other bits. Thing is, I do have a wee bit of an emotional attachment to it too.

How do you know when it is finally time to let go?

ltheisinger
    Free Member

When you even consider getting rid.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Is that the one that chucked you into a ditch via some Gorse? If so then it must be rubbish so I’ll give ya 50p for it. And you can keep the change.

druidh
    Free Member

@steven – the very same 🙂 Still makes me LOL that one.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Househusbands crash that day still makes me wince 😯

bullheart
    Free Member

Why not just keep the frame? If you love it and you don’t need the money? It’s not like it’ll take up much space.

Tom83

Clean it up and stick it on the wall ’till you’re ready to use it again.

alexpalacefan

Tom83 +1

APF

scaredypants

quiver
    trusty (though no steed)
    save a few grammes
    emotional attachment

Sorry druidh; for those reasons, I’m out 🙁

druidh
    Free Member

🙂 steed was too obvious 🙂

scaredypants

😉

coastkid
    Free Member

Is that the one that chucked you into a ditch via some Gorse?

That was a nice descent and a great days riding. Er sorry for filming that crash (3.03mins) :mrgreen:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvIqFxLiEv8&list=UUSv198UD3Wy-dBsg3K40IvQ&index=163&feature=plcp[/video]

Hang up and keep the frame 🙂

sausagefingers
    Free Member

damn your eyes and blast your dust caps,for the love of king george and a hundred names of our lord get rid of the fatherless thing or keep the beast for selling your wooden pegs door-to-door

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

He nearly ended up in a burn at about 2.06 as well. I think there were strange forces at work that dragged him into that ditch, definately something wierd going on. The arse has just fallen out of the value of that bike now though. Cheers for capturing that CK, laughed so much I nearly choked on my beer.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bike build dilemma #2’ is closed to new replies.