Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Bike brands not in the UK
  • Swiftacular
    Free Member

Have Superco(makers of steel dh bikes, american i think) got a uk importer? Not sure on how big the range is though, ive only seen one, lovely looking thing though.

udder
    Free Member

Are you sure importing is wise in the current economical climate? The pound is so weak that whatever you import will have to be sold at a higher premium to make it worth doing.

There will always be more buyers looking for cheaper bikes than ones looking for expensive ones, and buyers aren't fickle enough these days to buy just because of the brand name – they just want to ride a bike and there's such a huge range of quality bikes to choose from! Of course, there are always going to be people with money to burn on 'boutique' bikes like DeKerf, but there's hardly any of them out there. You have to ask yourself, are DeKerf making bikes that ride better, faster or are more fun than UK Brands such as Orange or Cotic? I doubt it, but I bet they're more expensive.

From what I remember, DeKerf were beautifully made yuppie bikes. If you enjoyed riding your bike more than looking at it then you wouldn't buy a DeKerf. I've no idea what they're like now though…

frank4short
    Free Member

thebikechain – Member

KTM are here already. You wouldn't realise it though. They do have great bikes and a good rep but they just don't click with the UK IMO obviously.

A friend of mine was working for a start up here in Dublin importing Euro bike brands that aren't well known here. The guy was/is bringing in KTM's to Ireland. He is very well connected & did a really good job of drumming up interest in them. Problem is/was that KTM are huge on the continent & his orders just weren't large enough to warrant major interest on KTM's part. As a result of which he's having trouble getting stock for his dealers. Who are now as a result of which loosing interest in the brand as customer orders aren't being met. I would suspect the case is probably similar in the UK. Which is a shame really cause anyone that has one raves about them.

adam5555

I don't think canfield bros has a UK importer. I had to order my crampon pedals from the U.S anyway. They tick the boxes with the rad freeride bikes that are so strangely popular in this land of small mountains. Get quite alot of press attention as well so its not like you would be introducing a brand that no-one has heard of

slimtubing
    Free Member

Are Sintesi still going?
    do Jamis have a Uk distributor?

Surfr
    Free Member

Rotwild. Yet another german brand. Won at dalby on the weekend.

Garry_Lager

I lived on East coast US round ten years back and the boutique brands on the trails was stuff like DeKerf, Independent Fabrication, Seven and Litespeed. Given the Ti fetishists that exist worldwide, I'm sure the last two are taken care of as far as importers go. Do IF have a distributor in the UK?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

i lived on the east coast US around ten years back (echooo) and Eastern woods research were our home town niche brand, building bikes with geom aimed at the tight twisty technical riding they had there in the appalachians (that their giant neighbour cannondale emulated with their Beast of the East frame).

Quick google shows theyre still around with similar looking frames.

http://www.ewrbikes.com/

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Most Euro brands (other than the French who seem to finally have it sussed) won't shift over here.

What about Jamis? They've been conspicuous in their absence lately.

TheCruzer
    Free Member

Ive just imported a Devinci frantic which is not well known over here, there are somone that imports already I think, but they arnt very well advertised. The price I got mine from Canada was mega cheap at the side of bikes like santacruz and intense.
    All of which ive had before and the devinci blinds them all. Its even got a lifetime warrenty on the frame

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Bike brands not in the UK’ is closed to new replies.