Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bike Bell
  • iforwilliams
    Free Member

Thinking of fitting a small but loud enuff bell to the bike to alert walkers n horses etc- fed up of shouting, and they don’t always hear the Hope free hub lol.

Any recommendations to a tidy, small bell that can be fitted to the handlebars?

(The Spurcycle ones look great, but I’m not paying £45+ for a bloody bell)

Slogo
    Free Member

LBS compulsory fitted bell is what I would fit. Ask nicely and it will probably cost you a pack of biscuits.

Slogo
    Free Member
    bikeneil
    Free Member

and it will probably cost you a pack of biscuits.

Do you take biscuits as currency in your line of work? I’m sure they’d prefer real money :mrgreen:

Stiggy

M:Part do a cheap black OS bell: £3.99 from your LBS.

fingerbang
    Free Member

nice idea but I still think walkers are going to freak out when you pass within 5 yards of them

ninfan
    Free Member

I’ve gone over to a bear bell on my camelbak, just flip the magnet off when I’m in a busy area.

Definitely more effective than a ding ding bell on the bars as they hear it further away and don’t startle as much, and as its a bit unusual they tend to make room for you.

I know people will say the noise is annoying.. But I normally can’t hear it over my iPod anyway 😀

riddoch

king of ding
    A halfway house between the spurcycle and the cheapo ones.

hp_source

here you go… £1, yes, one whole pound!

Wilko’s budget dinger

it ding’s when you ding it, and doesn’t when you don’t.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

rats are trained to a bell so I think Humans should be clever enough to respond to a polite ‘Scuse me’ …. or a …. GET OUTTA THE F***** WAY im on a poss KOM here!!! 😆

I Don’t personally use that devil Strava myself mind.

sandwicheater

I like that bear bell, think that will be finding its way into my stocking this year.

iforwilliams
    Free Member

Cheers for adviceses….and smart-arsed comments 😀

Whole point is having something that will allow walkers/ horsies to hear me coming 50ft away, not 5ft….

devash
    Free Member
    jimsmith
    Free Member
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bike Bell’ is closed to new replies.