Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bike bags – Evoc or this?
  • MRanger156
    Free Member
    Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

I have both. Evoc wins by a mile because it holds the bike up right in the bag. Provides best protection, easy, simple quick. You can’t wheel the CR one, wheel base to small and bike is not held upright on bag.. Evoc wheels brilliantly. You have to carry the CR one. Multi trips go Evoc. One off go CR and save the money.

Hanky

I have the EVOC, bought from CRC on a 10% deal, it’s surviving multiple trips back and forth to the Middle East at the moment. Very easy to pack and wheel around. Only complaint I have is having to pay extra for the padded road fork pack.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Can’t see your link but guess it’s for a CRC bike bag. Pretty much what Pawsy bear said. The Evoc one is v. padded and you have to take about 5 minutes to pack the bike. It wheels v. easily as well. The CRC one falls over all the time, you have to pad it out so it takes 30-40mins to pack the bike. The CRC one is fine, especially if you don’t have to move it any distance but the Evoc one is far superior in every aspect, including price!

I have a CRC one but then I don’t travel much with my bike. I have dragged it across Paris, London and Glasgow several times and it’s a PITA.

MRanger156
    Free Member

The CRC one is their ‘pro version’, not the standard one.

fbk
    Free Member

To be fair, the crc one on the link does look a lot better than their standard one. Even so, the design features of the evoc are well worth the money – simple to pack and it just works. Padding in the right places, block to support the frame/chainset, etc etc. I’d never use anything else now for long journeys

doug_basqueMTB.com

Sorry, I just can’t see the CRC one! I was talking about the standard one so maybe take my comments with a pinch of salt!

nosedive
    Free Member

OK, I just bought the Evoc on the strenght of this thread. I hope you lot are right!

eyes are wincing from the cost but hopefully thats the last time I will have to leave the bike in some rickety shed at a B and B that claimed to have secure bike storage

redfordrider
    Free Member

Good choice. We’ve got two Evoc after the bags they replaced let us down.

hugor
    Free Member

That new CRC one looks alot like the Evoc – its probably a clone at half the price. Has anybody used it?

dhrider
    Free Member

Ied go for the CRC bag at that price. Looks like the Evoc and half the price. Bargain!

MRanger156
    Free Member

Mmmmm, what to buy…

MRanger156
    Free Member

Went for the CRC Pro bag – will report back when it arrives.

Probably not as good as the Evoc but hopefully a little extra cardboard and bubble wrap will do the job.

geoffj

The crc pro looks good. Does it need the extra stuff for a road bike that the evoc one does?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bike bags – Evoc or this?’ is closed to new replies.