Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bike bags??
  • LMT
    Free Member

Bit random, but does anyone use them? any cheaper ones that you could recommend?

Didn’t realise howmuch i have trashed the car until yesterday, so plan on bike bagging and putting the bikes in the car for transporting, spotted a few on crc for £59.

Hells

What about just getting a tarp or similar from a DIY store, that’s what I use!!

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Duffbag monster bag on sale at the moment £64.95. i use mine to keep the car clean, and it means i can just chuck bike in bag and clean it when i get home. keeps the car happy
    http://www.duffbag.com/products/duffbag-monster-bag/duffbag-monster-bag/

but he’s got a whole heap of other bags on there if thats too big.

twonks

They seem like a good idea at the time, but in reality they are a pain to use.

We found that having to take the back and front wheels off is a faff, and it is much easier to lay a large sheet in the car and just take front wheels off.

So there are now 2 virtually new bags sat in my garage and a nice cheap sheet for use in the car 😉

LMT
    Free Member

Normally I would agree, but I’ve trashed my current car, bikes on roof couple of dents where mates have dropped there bikes forward, and having them in the car I’ve scratched and damaged the interior trim, went for a trade in yesterday and got peanuts for my car, so really have to try and look after the new one, so it’s tow bar or bike bags, and thinking about security at home at least the bikes won’t be on display going to and from the flat

DickBarton

Perhaps a daft suggestion but maybe take more care in loading the bikes???

LMT
    Free Member

🙂 cheers bit late now

adjustablewench
    Free Member

cant see why a bag is preferable to a bit of heavy duty tarpaulin – for a start the bag would get filthy quickly if used for dirty bikes and a tarp is far easier to hose down, and they fold to virtually nothing and can be used for when you put things other than bikes too …. a bit of care and a few quid seems like a no brainer to me. or maybe it’s just my crazy girl logic 😀

DickBarton

Im also for the tarp…or roof bars…both work well for my car.

spandex_bob

Cheap (i.e. £15) e-bay bike bag, no logos, keeps inside of car dry / clean, and doesn’t trash work clothes if loading first thing for post-work ride. Keeps bike out of sight when in car and moving to/from house. Bike can live in the bag in the house / hallway without dropping cack everywhere. And keeps mud on bike ‘moist’ so cleaning can wait without the mud drying to a concrete finish. And if you don’t get on with a bag, shift it on for pretty much what you pay for it!

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Where are £15 eBay bike bags?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Ebay item 150950310413 ….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bike bags??’ is closed to new replies.