Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • BIG.NINE 900
  • shanelechef
    Free Member

GOOD AND bad?

shanelechef
    Free Member

Should I get one?

shanelechef
    Free Member

any help as i am new to all this

nickgti
    Free Member

got a link to it?

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

That link is for the Euro version – the uk one has manitou’s.
    Sold a few last year, forks seem to last ok, spec is good – if you can get a cheap one cos it’s last years then do it!

shanelechef
    Free Member

ok thanks found one for £599 so should be a good deal?

nickgti
    Free Member

not a bad XC bike for the money, Merida are a decent brand. It’s a good starting point

medoramas
    Free Member

I’ve done about 11k km on that bike in the last year. Anything from Bike Park Wales do over 200km road sportives. I commute on it daily (tarmac, rooty and muddy singletracks, gravel roads).

The bits that failed: freehub body, after about 5000 km. I also had to replace the front wheel recently, but that was due to a high speed OTB in the woods 🙄

Other than that and the wear & tear items (cassette, chain, jockeys, chainrings, BB, headset bearings, cables, brake pads) I run everything stock.

Awesome bike, very comfortable (I rode 12hr Bontrager last year on it) and the frame is bombproof!

The only thing to keep in mind – despite the website saying “tapered steerer” the bike has standard 1 1/8″!
    Also the sticker on its Manitou Marvel Comp forks is for the ISO Air spring models (which are Pro and Expert). The Comp has TS Air system. If you set it to the sticker guide you’ll have it waaaay to soft. I found this fork performs the best when it’s on the firmer side (I put 95 PSI, I weight 74kg naked…).

shanelechef
    Free Member

thanks going to get it!!!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘BIG.NINE 900’ is closed to new replies.