Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Biggest tyres on a Pickenflick ?
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

What are people using as a gravel type tyre?
    Bought a pair of 40mm Nanos, convinced that they would be fine and on my Pacenti CL25 rims they are wheel locking tight at the back. Bugger. Any alternatives that people know fit?

Not a pure cross tyre needed and must be tubeless.

Picto
    Free Member

Probably not helpful but I am running nano 40’s in my pickenflick. Running them on crossmax 29er rims though. I think they are about 19mm inners. Give a decent amount of clearance.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Must be rims then. 20 mm inside and you would think that a wider rim, albeit 1mm would make them wide but shallow. These are too tall and are pretty well locking the rear wheel. I can’t move the wheel in the stand.
    I did read somewhere that early Nanos were bigger.
    Maybe I should see if I am missing something.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Ah well. Checked again. The tyre is actually slightly compressed against the chainstay bridge. Size 54. Wonder if beiger frames have longer chainstays. What ever, the CX tyres are going on for the HONC.

plus-one

I had 45mm(29’r 1.75) on my pickenflick(stans iron x rims)

STATO
    Free Member

Ah well. Checked again. The tyre is actually slightly compressed against the chainstay bridge. Size 54. Wonder if beiger frames have longer chainstays.

Sounds more like you just bought an on-one 😆

mattsccm
    Free Member

Yeah

mattsccm
    Free Member

Wonder if they changed? Had mine since about Feb 2014

STATO
    Free Member

Wonder if they changed? Had mine since about Feb 2014

Well they originally didnt fit anything but mtb cranksets, then they kind of did allow a road crank just, then they now ship with road cranksets. So id guess there have been a few changes.

Google found someone who posted an Image which suggests there should be enough room to fit a bus through between the tyre and chainstay bridge.

Picto
    Free Member

Mine is a new one. Over an inch clearance between bridge on chainstays and seatstays.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Mine had a compact fitted the minute it landed. Well it was my 2nd as the first was stolen. The first (arrived in very early Feb 2014) also had a compact fitted. I hadn’t believed that anyway but it does make me wonder. That pic looks different to mine I think. I’ll dig it out later.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Now I am just curious. The gap in front of my bridge is 31mm front to rear and the bridge is a gnats over 19mm. How does this compare to others?

itslightlike
    Free Member

I did more or less the same thing as you Matt. I ended up with some panaracer gravel king sk 35s (they do 40s too which are bigger than the nanos) which measure 40mm wide when fitted. they are smaller in circumference than the nanos so didn’t get so close to the BB giving much more clearance.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Cheers.
    Width I can cope with but length? Nope. Actress/Bishop etc

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Biggest tyres on a Pickenflick ?’ is closed to new replies.