Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Big weekend – how long does it take you to recover??
  • psychle
    Free Member

Had a big weekend in Amsterdam, much drinking and smoking of wackytabacky, 'twas fun times it has to be said!! However… 'tis now Thursday and I'm still feeling a bit off; light-headed, occasional slight dizzyness/head spin and a general feeling of vagueness and slight incoherance…

Obviously the Dutch weed is a lot stronger and I partook of rather a bit more than I ever have in my 33 years of life, so I guess this is just a side effect of that?? Hoping it goes away and I haven't permenantly messed my head up!!

How long would you normally expect to take to recover from a BIG weekend of partying??

willsimmons
    Free Member

You are definitely still not feeling right, it is only Wednesday!

You'll probably be better on Thursday…..

psychle
    Free Member

is it?? shit… so it is! 😆 here's hoping I do feel better on Thursday then 8)

davidrussell
    Free Member

ask the big red phone box thats been following you all week. thats right, the one over your right shoulder..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

LOL!

YOu probably are also sleep deprived and maybe dehydrated still. You might need electrolytes.

Cannabis is taken up into the body tissues and remains there for a while – If you really went bonkers on it it could take a couple of days to straighten right out again.

When cannabis messes up your head permanently ( all a bit contentious anyway) its not those symptoms really.

Fresh air, exercise, fluids, electrolytes and you will be OK is my guess

Woody
    Free Member

You are definitely still not feeling right, it is only Wednesday!

LMAO

It takes much longer to recover the older you get, especially as your tolerance level is probably less and weed quality is better/stronger.

You'll be fine 😉

retro83
    Free Member

On a somewhat related note, I thought the indoor (tobacco) smoking ban had made smoking in coffee shops illegal over there. Is that not the case – or were you using a pipe/vaporiser?

peachos
    Free Member

go ride your bike!

trailmonkey

When cannabis messes up your head permanently ( all a bit contentious anyway)

I spy with my little eye, something begining with D.E.N.I.A.L

*Awaits outpouring of selective evidence to prove how cuddly dope is*

psychle
    Free Member

On a somewhat related note, I thought the indoor (tobacco) smoking ban had made smoking in coffee shops illegal over there. Is that not the case – or were you using a pipe/vaporiser?

Indoors, you can't smoke tobacco, but can smoke cannabis, weirdly! They give you some 'herbal' substitute to use instead, though tbh the 'no tobacco' rule wasn't really being enforced that I saw…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Trailmonkey – there is a link between mental illness and cannabis use but what the link is is contentious as it what the mechanisms are.

Is it trigger, cause or coincidence? Those are the basic choices and there is no decent evidence and no consensus as to what the link is.

epicyclo

TandemJeremy – Member
    Trailmonkey – there is a link between mental illness and cannabis use but what the link is is contentious as it what the mechanisms are.

Simple, you've got to be nuts to smoke anything, therefore it was a pre-existing condition.

Look at all the medical research funding that could have been wasted that I've saved with that insight 🙂

Shak47

Usually takes about 10-14 days after a heavy session to get the THC out yer fat cells.
    Best thing to do is to exercise at a level to burn fat, slow and long, that way you get rid of it quicker and feel better.
    Either that or hair of the dog.
    No need to smoke the stuff either, smoking is anti-life,use a vaporiser and you will still be able to ride the bike hard, the dutch Verdamper model is somewhat better than the Volcano bag system for this purpose.

falk1
    Free Member

Its definately age related, not saying your old, but if I had the same type of weekend as you I'd be jaded for the week. Its lack of sleep more so!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Big weekend – how long does it take you to recover??’ is closed to new replies.