Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Big up your local trails/change of season/just getting out there
  • zbonty

I’ve not done a huge amount of riding in the last year or so through injury and a broken arm in January did’nt help the new year begin quite as intended. Its coming on nicely though..

I have been riding the same local woods on and off for just over twenty years and i love them! Not a destination hot spot known to the masses (thankully) and you would’nt pay them much attention on a map. A little sliver of woodland on a hillside that can provide hours of nonstop singletrack fun. For a few mates/locals there are few places better for quick blast.
    Conditions are just right for me-early spring time and they’re amazingly dry considering the winter rains. Still damp enough for loads of grip (but don’t be take the piss!).
    Trails have yet to be swamped with nettles and brambles which encroach and rip my allergic limbs to shreds in high summer. Right now theres a pungent carpet of Bluebells, still a week away from full bloom.
    A few visits this week to clear some of the deadfall trees from winter. Naturally occuring edits to old favourite lines. Plenty of flow facilitating nips/tucks with the folding saw and we’re good to go un-hindered; maximum flow.
    Bits will become drier and faster over the next few months but i reckon the next few weeks are as good as it gets.

Its good to be back 😀

Hows your patch?

mattk
    Free Member

Sounds very similar to my local woods, I reckon only a handful of mountain bikers know about them so I always get them to myself (I’ve seen tyre tracks but never other cyclists)

I walk the dog there everyday and always take a pair of hand clippers to snip brambles, so they are pretty clear and the folding saw sorted out a few stray logs.

Right now it’s perfect, spongy grippy trails and lots of bluebells. Love it!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Big up your local trails/change of season/just getting out there’ is closed to new replies.