• This topic has 20 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by lump.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Big tyre 29er frame options
  • lump

Looking for a new toy, and im struggling to find any frames bar the On One’s Scandle and Inbred that will take a big rear tyre. So looking for options and bike’s I may not have thought of ?

druidh
    Free Member

Surly Krampus

rOcKeTdOg

singular buzzard

lump

The Buzzard looks nice but bit to long of a wait. And didnt really want Fat, more a standard frame

ontor
    Free Member

Karate monkey?

mattjg
    Free Member

Hans Dampf 2.35s fit OK in both ends of a Singular Swift.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Jones.

lump

Well that is my main reason to find a new frame, as I like the HD that much but want a frame that can run them without to much clearance problems. I did fancy the Kinesis FF29 but it will only take a 2.2 🙁

emmodd
    Free Member

I put some on my Canyon Al29 yesterday and there’s loads of room. Cracking vfm bike 🙂

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Depends how much you want to spend, the Scandal is great but if you can stretch to £330, the Genesis High Latitude can take big tyres as it has a plate chainstay.

MrTall
    Free Member

I’ve had a Weirwolf 2.55″ in the back of my Honzo, or an Ardent 2.4″.

Tight, but no problems.

There’s a very good value one in the classifieds if its the right size.

mboy
    Free Member

How big is big?

New Whyte’s come with 2.2″ Maxxxis Ikons normally (big for a 2.2″ anyway) and there’s tonnes of clearance for a bigger tyre in there!

tazzymtb

chumba hx2 88mm between the stays.

surly karate monkey will take a 2.55 dissent on 47mm rim in the rear.

jones will take a 2.5 on 47mm rim no worries

banshee paradox and canfields also have monster rear tyre clearance.

sfinnie
    Free Member

running 2.4 x-kings on my singular swift and still plenty clearance. Fantastic bike, love it. Lots of fettling potential. Had mine fully rigid singlespeed, lovely. Just changed to 1×9 for some bigger rides. Will take a 100mm fork too. Frame has lovely feel to it, looks good too.

ska-49
    Free Member

Yelli Screamy. I can fit a 2.35 Hans Dampf in the rear.
    Huge amounts of fun.

takisawa2

Niner SIR.9 takes a 2.4 Ralph easily. Surly had some info on their site about the 29+ sizing on the Krampus, & going their measurements it should take the new Rabbit Hole rim with the 2.35 Ralph also. I might need the Krampus fork for the front though, as the Niner steel one is a bit narrow.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Salsa Mukluk, Surley Pugsley, On*One Fatty?

lump

Cheers guys just what I wanted a list of bikes to have a look at. Yelli Screamy is jumping out at me though 😀

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

My Tomac Flint has loads of clearance and is otherwise very ‘race-whippetty’.

firestarter
    Free Member

Salsa el mariachi got plenty of room for tyres, I like your style. Oh those tyres are good best I buy a frame to fit them in 😉

lump

Seams to be the best solution to a problem 🙂

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Big tyre 29er frame options’ is closed to new replies.