Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Big syringes and measuring fork oil
  • votchy
    Free Member

Where do you get those big syringes for measuring the right quantity of fork oil or alternatively those tall thin measuring jugs like you used at school in science, measuring 160mls with a 5ml syringe could prove tiresome, messy and not that accurate.

trailmonkey

Tried an MX/motorbike spares shop ?

scruff
    Free Member

Syringes- Vets or Hospital pharmacies or ebay.

Cylinders- camera shops.

Tube for brake nipples etc- Pet shops, its aquarium tubing.

r6ymy
    Free Member

As trailmonkey says, a decent motorcycle spares shop should have one, mine was a fiver with a plastic case to keep it in. Might be cheaper from a medical supplier.

shoefiti
    Free Member

chemist about 50pence = BUT as soon as finished wash the rubber bung in fairy liquid as the oil make it ruin it in no time!

fattatlasses
    Free Member

As per Scruff’s comments. Local vet sold me 3 syringes of various sizes for £1.80. Oh, but whatever type of syringe you use, do as shoefiti recommends, they’ll then last donks.

uplink
    Free Member

I’d rather measure what oil is in the fork [by dipping] than measuring what I put in
    You do need to know what height it should be though

fubar
    Free Member

chemist about 50pence

They looked at me like I had two heads when I asked in Boots and then told me that nobody uses Syringes these days !!!

SnS
    Free Member

Had the same reaction as Fubar in Boots.
    When I asked about syringes, people all around me suddenly ‘dissappeared’ & the shop assistant looked at me as though I was a major league drug user !

Chris

saladdodger
    Free Member

Mole Valley farmers sell big sryinges

Behind the checkouts but just ask no problem

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Big syringes and measuring fork oil’ is closed to new replies.