Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Big Rings – moving to 53/39…
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Haha so the triangles are speed..

Ok, I’ll go do mine again.

BTW, your cadence = 96?

And here’s me thinking TT boys are all about 57-65 Kiri impersonators 😆

Kryton57

I said before – I don’t have strong legs. I’ve been training and go up hills between 110-120 Froome style. 96 was my average cadence for Friday’s ride on the new setup I’m discussing here.

Kryton57

OMFG.

This whole thread just became redundant. As was unlocking the MTB I noticed the numbers 52 and 36 printed on the inside of the road chainrings. 😳 I blame the wind I was riding into that made it feel worse.

Oh er sorry. 😳

mrblobby
    Free Member

😆

bikebouy
    Free Member

I get it now, it’s a cool tool. It reads what I actually do.. Blimey.

No worries on cadence, all good in my world what ever you spin at, just thought it a little high thats all.. and thats not a criticism either. I can’t get that high, I loose power at about 92, sweetspot being about 86. Years ago I’d spin at about 73’ish but changed my method to spin more, seems to have settled at where I am and happy about that.

So, back to gearing..

No idea 😆

50-34 and 11-26, best guess..

Kryton57

Cheapest fix though MrBlobby 😉

Right flame away at the clown I’m off to an XC race.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

And heres me worrying that on my last road ride my average dropped below 100 rpm……. and i can’t sustain anything over 120 for very long anymore.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Thought super high cadences had gone out of fashion with Lance, long socks and EPO 😉

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Might have gone out of fashion. Doesn’t mean it’s stopped working.
    (I’ve been using high cadences since before Lance had pubes, think Anquetil was the first high profile spinner)

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

(EPO still works, long socks make you look like a pillock, but each to there own)

wilburt
    Free Member

53/39-12/25 for around here Suffolk.
    50/30-12/30 for up north or he alps etc.

Trouble with compact around here is the smaller ring just doesnt get used, whilst popping between 53 and 39 at the front is often easier and nicer than going to either end of a cassette.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Kryton57 – Member
    OMFG.
    I noticed the numbers 52 and 36 printed on the inside of the road chainrings. I can’t read or actually remember what I’m riding

FIFY.

Have fun XC’ing, do you know what bike you’re on? 😆

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

He’s probably fiotted the 39/53 to the XC bike by msitake.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Big Rings – moving to 53/39…’ is closed to new replies.