Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Big-ish tent recommendation
  • vdubber67
    Free Member

After a tent that will sleep two, and fit a couple of bikes in and kit etc. Basically something to use a pit for 24hr racing. Need to be able to stand up in it.

Bought one s/h off here and it leaked like ****. Nearly ruined Exposure for us…

So…

What’s out there for <£150? Those Halfords deals any good?

This will be used 3 times a year, so don’t need anything hardcore, just watertight!!

Ta

donsimon
    Free Member
    nickname
    Free Member
    bravohotel8er
    Free Member

The Conservative and Unionist Party.

It’s a big tent and we’re all invited. Except elfin obviously.

matthew_h
    Free Member

I have one of those Decathlon ones that Don Simon has linked to and it is great for exactly what you describe. I’m 6’4″ and I can stand up in it (my head does just catch the roof but it is not a problem) and sleep perfectly happily in it. Not too hard to put up, seems to be reasonably resiliant to wind and rain and has proven very very useful at various races and away weekends.

thehood
    Free Member

i’ve got the older version of this it’s stood up to shitty weather in snowdon without much problem. plenty of room in the “living” area

grum
    Free Member

Vango Venture 500 here – you can stand up in it and in the porch. Survived a horrible storm in Wales with only a couple of broken poles which were easily and cheaply replaced.

donsimon
    Free Member

Not too hard to put up,

Even for just one person? This is the deciding factor for me, othorwise I’m going for onne of these.

iainc

Vango Venture 500 here – you can stand up in it and in the porch. Survived a horrible storm in Wales with only a couple of broken poles which were easily and cheaply replaced.

– out of interest, where did you get the replacement ploes ? I have same tent and the porch poles are decdedly dodgy…. Thanks

vdubber67
    Free Member

Those decathlon ones look just the ticket methinks…

grum
    Free Member

– out of interest, where did you get the replacement ploes ? I have same tent and the porch poles are decdedly dodgy…. Thanks

I bought a set from Gaynor’s in Ambleside – think it was 5 sections for a fiver so I’ve got a couple of spares now. You just untie the knot at the end of the cord, then take out the broken sections and replace with the new ones. The set came with a little wire with a hook on the end to thread the cord back through.

You have to cut the poles down with a hacksaw to match the length, and you need to make sure you get the right diameter. Dead easy job though.

colournoise

Quchua Base Seconds 4.1

slainte 😀 rob

iainc

thanks Grum

oreetmon
    Free Member

keep an eye on slumits web site,

got a 3 man gobi off them and its a lot better than more expensive tents i have owned.

for the spec the price is very decent, looks like they are bringing bigger tents to the market soon as well, might be worth an enquiry.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Big-ish tent recommendation’ is closed to new replies.