• This topic has 9 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by ReallyOlderGit-spam.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Big Dug Shelving – Anyone got any?
  • beamers

Big Dug shelving is quite often advertised in the In Gear section of the Sunday Times.

Any one have any of this stuff? Is it any good?

Dudie
    Free Member

I have plenty of their budget shelving at work and have been using it for around 3 years. Easy to put together, good value and strong. It takes all manner of car parts no problem and is pretty sturdy, more so when weighted. It can handle me climbing up it occasionally without collapsing too.

footstomper
    Free Member

Same as Dudie used it at work for the store room, good stuff for the price they charge. Also bought some for our samples room put an extra peice of plywood on the shelves and they are solid with a lot of weight on them.

scaredypants

I bought some from shelfsave – it’s fine (prob the same I’d guess) and they were great, sorted prob with delivery really quickly

pendlechris
    Free Member

We had an extra floor put in at work, we store bearings on them, some very large ones big plummer blocks, they do carry alot of weight, very easy to put together, very sturdy, and excellant service would highley recommend them, if you are in Lancashire you are quite welcome to come and look.

scuttler

Check out Argos – search for ‘garage shelving’. I got a couple of those red racks for the garage and they’re great. Bonus with Argos is there’s probably one around the corner from you so you won’t pay delivery or have to wait in. Dunno whether they’re mega strong but they’ve got the usual junk on them (tools, paint pots, bike bits. garden stuff) and they’re fine. I anchored them to the wall though just to make them more stable.

cxi
    Free Member

At work, we’ve just bought a load of racking from this place:

http://www.ukshelving.co.uk/

Dead easy to build, about the only tool you need is a big rubber mallet.

beamers

Cheers all. My Big Dug order went in last night.

2 racking units and a work bench in bound. No more scrabbling around on the floor wrestling with bike bits for me.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

2 racking units and a work bench in bound

That’s exactly what I got from them. It’s superb stuff. Even half assembled, one of the shelving units made a good seat for a tea-break!

The bench is brilliant

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Big Dug Shelving – Anyone got any?’ is closed to new replies.