Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Big Bike Bash t-shirts and Water bottles
  • BigBikeBash
    Free Member

This is the last post before I am voluntarily banned*.

I hope everyone who came to the Big Bike Bash had a great time. We have some t-shirts and water bottles left if you want to buy them.

50 bottles at £2 each

Grey T shirts as £15 each:
    9 XL
    7 L
    4 M
    4 S
    No XS

Paypal louis at ukyouth dot org

He is on holiday until the 6th of September but will post them FOC when he gets back.

Please ping me an email when you buy them so I can keep the numbers remaining posted up here. nclarksoutrhampton at gmail dot com

Cheers

*Mods – please don’t pull this thread but you can lose the BigBikeBash account. I will revert to WorldClassAccident. Thanks for all your tolerance and hopefully you can make next years event.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

One in small please. YGM.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Just checked the price of posting water bottles!

They are now available at £4 per bottles. T-shirts still £15.

I haven’t really been following the BBB threads as I didn’t attend, so I may have missed some vital information.

As I understand it, BBB/WCA is being temporarily banned for promoting a charity event he’s organising for no personal profit because it’s considered spamming.
    At the same time, STW are giving free publicity to shaving foam and whiskey in the Bike Products review section because they’ve been sent free samples.

Is there more to it than that ?

ilovemygears
    Free Member

MidlandTrailquestsGraham – Member
    I haven’t really been following the BBB threads as I didn’t attend, so I may have missed some vital information.

As I understand it, BBB/WCA is being temporarily banned for promoting a charity event he’s organising for no personal profit because it’s considered spamming.
    At the same time, STW are giving free publicity to shaving foam and whiskey in the Bike Products review section because they’ve been sent free samples.

Is there more to it than that ?
    and thats all you need to know about the bike mag business… .

Clink

BBB made kids happy! He can’t be banned! How about a petition to debate in Parliament?!? 😆

DezB
    Free Member

They have kindly let WCA promote the BBB from it’s inception on here, so I guess we should be grateful.

timbur
    Free Member

WE should be grateful? Or HE should be grateful?
    what is the BBB anyway? I was at the Big Dog in sunny Brighton :Op

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Hey guys – I ASKED for BigBikeBash to be banned after STW said that they were trying to limit the number of dual id people. They asked which one I wanted to keep and agreed to keep it open until after the event.

STW have been very understanding and nice to me.

There was a difference of opinion during the first year when references to the Big Bike Bash reached such a peak as appearing on 48% of all posts in the chat forum and 28% of the posts in the bike forum*. You can understand that they might get irritated by this.

They said I could stay on here if I calmed down which I did.

*These percentages have been made up by me but can’t be that far wrong.

DezB
    Free Member

WE should be grateful?

Yes WE! My (and my son’s) life would be an empty husk of unfulfillment without the BBB every year!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

timbur – there has been the occaisional mention of the event on this forum but here is the current feedback from last weekend. http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/big-bike-bash-2011

DezB
    Free Member

I bet he knew what it was really.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Or HE should be grateful?

Jeezus. WCA makes nothing and takes nothing out of BBB. It’s his baby, right enough, and he puts his heart and soul into it, and without him it would suffer. As would UK Youth who rightfully get the cash from the event, and the results of this are plain to see when you ride the new faclities BBB partly funded.
    WCA gives more back to cycling than 100 other forum members put together. I suggest that remark should be followed with an apology.

Clink

WCA gives more back to cycling than 100 other forum members put together

Abso-bloody-lutely!!

timbur
    Free Member

Blimey Peter take a chill pill fella and stop taking life so seriously.

I was working for free at another “not for profit” bike event at the weekend but feel free to keep demanding an apology.

Read the BBD link and see the joke that WCA made about why he wasn’t going to be there and THEN you might understand my comment. His was a joke as was mine but I’ll be sure to caveat it next time to stop anyone kicking off and scatter gunning opinions unnecessarily.

😀

(look, it’s a happy smile to lighten the mood)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Blimey Peter take a chill pill fella and stop taking life so seriously

Stop posting such idiotic rubbish then.

I reacted to how you came across in your post. i.e. like a tool.

It’s not an “I do stuff for charity too” bragging competition either.

No smiley from me.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

😉 😉 😉

We are all happy.

PP et al – I know you are defending me against unfair slander and that is good and gratefully received but there is no need.

I happily carry on doing what I want regardless of what people say do do.

People said it was a bad idea to throw hard Clif bars into the faces of the crowd….

Actually that is a bad example. Sorry Sarah but it was deflected off the back of the head of the small child I was actually aiming at.

theman
    Free Member

No smiley from me.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUH3JQjcweM[/video]

DezB
    Free Member

^^^ 😀

How’s the lake jump bloke’s leg btw? Doesn’t seem to be any pics 🙁

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Sorry WCA. It’s just some of the negativity here sometimes winds me up and I can’t let it lie. The STW guys are very tolerant of BBB, which is appreciated, but half-cock comments like that are unneccesary. If you don’t know what BBB is, how hard is it to use Google?

Some need to put their brains into gear before opening their mouths.

I’m done now.

——————————-

I’ll be ordering a t shirt too 🙂

timbur
    Free Member

Idiotic rubbish? Really?
    Never pick up a copy of the Daily Mail then. It’ll make your blood boil if you think I type rubbish.

A tool? Me?
    Have we met? Seems a touch harsh on a 4 line post.

I didn’t mention charity. I said “not for profit.” See, I’m not worthy. My halo slipped a long time ago.

For good measure……………
    😀

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

No worries – I find that to get stressed by what people say I have to first care what people say.

It is the great thing about always being right, even when I am the only person in the world holding my point of view it is still right

😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I will try to track down the photo’s of the hole in his leg. We did parade him through the main arena on the back of the truck before sending him off to hospital.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Grey T shirts as £15 each:
    8 XL
    7 L
    4 M
    3 S
    No XS

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Big Bike Bash t-shirts and Water bottles’ is closed to new replies.