• This topic has 197 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by juan.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 198 total)
  • Big Bike Bash, if you're not there…..
  • marsdenman
    Free Member

Loving that last photo.

+1 – brilliant!
    all ready to go! little 'un 2nd in from left has obviously been tutored in the values of a good start – legs set, elbows out!

Looks like it was a great weekend – well done one and all involved!

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Sorry i couldn't come. I wanted to come with the missus and kiddie on Saturday for a look around, but spectator tickets were only available if accompanying a full ticket, and we couldn't afford £50 for an afternoon.

Looked good fun, will try to do the weekend next year (if it's on).

Well done for organising this type of event, we could do with more of them.

Tim
    Free Member

Was a good vibe – bit of a shame there wasnt a few more folk, but i cant speak as I couldnt make it on sunday and didnt camp over either (planned to do both but life got in the way). Really wish i could have though as the Sunday sounded like a laugh and i wanted to watch/have-a-go-on the lake jump

The little nippers were great – they were giving it hell on the hastily arranged 'dual slalom' through the barrels.

Who won the trackstand comp? 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

Loving that last photo.

+2

Can't wait until mini-clubber's big enough to ride one 🙂

soma_rich
    Free Member

Who won the trackstand comp?
    The guy on the Kona single speed with blue project 2's and teh FRM cranks.. No handed no less and I was distracting him quite heavily…..

Drac

Sorry i couldn't come. I wanted to come with the missus and kiddie on Saturday for a look around, but spectator tickets were only available if accompanying a full ticket, and we couldn't afford £50 for an afternoon.

That was dropped due to demand, oh well.

LoulaBella
    Free Member

All the photos are brilliant! I love the 4 little lads on bikes.
    Still on a high from a great weekend, off to Cumbria this afternoon to round off the school holidays. x

keyses2

Cracking event, really enjoyed it, my first go at XC racing aswell and although riding a Patriot meant I couldnt keep up with the pace that well it was great fun on the rooty, twisty, downhilly bits (and I survived the night race too – only a couple of bruises from not quite getting it right through a couple of trees !) 😀

pants
    Free Member

Enjoyed the weekend, great weather etc, well done for putting it on.

But it did do my head in with No Itinery, not knowing what was going on and all the waiting about after delay delay delay!!!

Some damn good prizes too!!

soma_rich
    Free Member

Pants sorry for the delays….

Some were not avoidable though like when Andy broke the lake jump ramp.

We have learned a lot. I think we could have doen with a few more people organising the events.

Hope you all enjoyed the music 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Some of us quite liked the slightly shambolic scheduling!

(I'll get you on that inside line next time, rich!)

Clink

Some damn good prizes too!!

Absolutely!

soma_rich
    Free Member

Nice to meet you Clink 🙂 Your far too quick though!

soma_rich
    Free Member

are there any photos of the lake jump up yet?

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

keyses2

Hope you all enjoyed the music 😀

Definitely, although not my type of music the bands were really good (especially the one that did some Queen and Deep Purple covers) 🙂

soma_rich
    Free Member

That was Stone3 they were excellent!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I've got photos of most things I think. I'll get them sorted tonight.

I've got a cracker of the bloke breaking the lake jump ramp, head on, from out in a boat!
    🙂

peteimpreza

Any idea of how much was raised for the Charity yet?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I'd imagine they're still to knackered to count cash yet, Pete! 🙂

I've just been editing my pics. Now I've taken something in the region of 370 shots and I can't find one where there's not a person smiling in it….
    😀

luke
    Free Member

Nick told me last night that it could take a few weeks until we know, the amount to charity.

peteimpreza

Did all the beer get sold in the end Luke?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Just 20 pints left, apparently

luke
    Free Member

I've just got back from returing the empty barrels only took 7 hours due to the traffic 👿
    Yeah only about 20 pints were wasted which was good, a fair few people took bottles home with them full of ale for a donation which was better than wasting it.
    And seeing the pic's of kids enjoying themselves got the wife saying she'd come next time and maybe even ride a bike 😆

Clink

I've just got back from returing the empty barrels only took 7 hours due to the traffic

I did offer to do Yeovil for you 🙂

luke
    Free Member

You did indeed but I wanted my cash back that I stumped up for the deposit, for it's return.
    Thanks for the offer
    Yeovil was the easy bit, first stop of the day it got worse from there.

mandog

Great weekend indeed. Thanks to the organisers for the massive amount of work they put in.

Are their any similar family events coming up?

Will the race results be published?

soma_rich
    Free Member

Results "might" be published I will ask James the Web guru.

Pics from the DJ
    <http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3894084&id=750161326#/album.php?aid=105099&id=627322920&ref=nf&gt;

keyses2

And seeing the pic's of kids enjoying themselves got the wife saying she'd come next time ….

So there's going to be another one then 😉

luke
    Free Member

So there's going to be another one then
    Dunno but I hope so.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Photos uploding now!
    Another load just started, so it'll be another hour or so before they're all finished.

IMG_1278

If you know anyone who might want to see them, please pass the link on
    🙂

carbon
    Free Member

Were there many people there?

julianwilson
    Free Member

…was the rudeboy story the one you were talking about at the start of the short track xc then Peter? If so, dish it!

Great to put faces to names, top ale, great music (especially the band that did all the Sabbath Covers), kids had a great time, and the xc course was proper hilarious. Oh and Juan made my wife blush when he greeted her like a proper frenchman.

Well worth the journey and we have many fond memories. Huuuuuuuuge thanks to WCA and his team of merry bikesters.

luke
    Free Member

I'm surprised the Rudeboy story hasn't been posted up yet.

julianwilson
    Free Member

..oh and the trailer bike race was a unique bonus, and hotly contested! Here's a picture (from peterpoddy's photos) of Juan getting his clearances wrong. My daughter descibed her ride as "a bit bumpy", and Juan as "strange". 😆

singletrackmind

Due to other engagements I couldnt make it till 3pm on the Saturday. Quick game of frisbee with Dez and the boy wonder then put up tent, lost in round 1 of the drag race, then did a lap of the XC course. Actually not that bad. Not too fast , or technical, some tight twisty corners that didnt flow, and a loamy loose surface that was unpredictable. Not too long , I imagine overtaking would have been a nightmare as there was basically no double track / bash road.
    The event was really well supported by the trade. The bands were excellent. Really liked Firetone, very similat to Funeral for a friend or the LostProphets, both of whom i really like. Putting them up on an arctic trailer was brilliant. Exactly the right height and just big enough for them to perform on. I bought the CD from Thinking for Tuesday , and played it at work today, really good. She has lovely voice and the quality of the production is top class.
    I think i spent a little bit too much time in the real ale tent tho , and the next morning was a bit blurry. Rode the XC course 3 laps, once with Pete, then headed off home to beat the traffic and maybe get a windsurf in , which didnt happen.

good points .- Weather, beer , bands, uber friendly atmosphere, kids dancing , friends, Prodigy, Lancaster bomber.

bad bits .- lack of meat in food tent at breakfast time, no rigid timetable for events, lap timing, no enduro ( a tracklogged route round the forest for 30 / 60 /90km would have introduced others to the National Park and added value ) Showers a fair step from campsite. 100 more riders would have made the event.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I was the official photographer & they're in the process of being uploaded as we speak
    http://www.saundersphotography.co.uk
    Please remember that money from the sales of the pictures is being donated to the UK Youth Charity via Nick (WCA)
    Cracking weekend, really nice chilled out atmosphere.
    Got back home at 12/30 last night/this morning, hence why they're only being done now!

sc-xc

this sounds like the event I would have loved to have been at, but am in France at the moment enjoying the excellent hospitality and trails…

Well done to all that were involved, I can't believe there's not more talk about it. Will be there for the next one if there is one….

soma_rich
    Free Member

I am uploading anoth 500ish pics here will be a couple of days at this rate!
    http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q300/soma_rich/bbb09/

Drac

Soma_rich I can't see your as don't have a photobukcet account and wants me to login,

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 198 total)

The topic ‘Big Bike Bash, if you're not there…..’ is closed to new replies.