Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Big Bike Bash
  • clipper68
    Free Member

Anyone doing this? Going there and camping with the family this weekend.

http://www.bigbikebash.co.uk/index.php

peteimpreza

We will be there!!

juan
    Free Member

Plenty of people going (me and the SO for example). Bring the whole family. It's the kind of event where kids have a better time than the parents 😉

luke
    Free Member

And the big kids can act like little kids

robdob
    Free Member

[waves excitedly]

I'm going to be there (and Mrs Robdob too)

[/waves excitedly]

Clink

Will be there for BBB 'The Return'. Kids can't wait!

popstar
    Free Member

I would love to attend it. But don't see any ways of buying a ticket as a spectator. Thought to come with me wife to show bike world but seems to T&C would have to miss it. Shame.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Can you not just buy a spectator's ticket? Or do you have to buy a full one as well? Seems a bit silly.

popstar
    Free Member

T&C says, spectators tickets will be sold only with full adult "racing" ticket. Myself can't race nor can my wife. Shame that clause is a lil confusing, but that's upto organisers really. Silly to pay £40 without racing +£10 for spectators, seems bit dear.

juan
    Free Member

popstar ask if a racer can buy you a spectator ticket. And same for the wife (some pic of her may help though 😉 😉 )

luke
    Free Member

Drop them an email I'm sure something can be arranged

popstar
    Free Member

Thanx for advice, will try to dig their e-mail.

popstar
    Free Member

Hehh, after e-mail seems BBB insist on keeping with their T&C. Don't see a good value in £50 for an evening and that's just for entry. Think trip to seaside is on cards.

cchris2lou

thinking of going with wife and kids , but is it really good even if wife is not into cycling at all ??

robdob
    Free Member

In all fairness there's loads of stuff that is included in the £40 and not just the races themselves.

soma_rich
    Free Member

£50 for 2 camping for 2 nights including music/beer and racing? I think thats very good value for money…

shortcut

Beer is included? Or just a beer tent? 😆

molgrips
    Free Member

I'm going, Mrs Grips is spectating. Will see how much of it I end up doing 🙂

julianwilson
    Free Member

Tis a family event for sure: last year fatmuthahubbard of these parts only ended up entering 2-minute-lomg trailerbike races and just made sure his kids had a great time, and he thought it was well worth the overall cost for the family. (2 full adult entries and 2 kids in his case.)

The camping is way nicer this year for same money as last year too: kids playground at one end of the campsite.

I am considering feigning injury and just drinking/sunbathing all weekend this year. 🙂

singletracksurfer

i'm going, but not (thinking of) racing.
    Still, £50 for camping for the family and entertainment is pretty darn good.

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh, and I intend to enter the XC race and try and beat as many people as possible. Is that wrong?

sputnik
    Free Member

No molgrips, but is it wrong that I'm going to kick your a$$ in the XC race? 🙂

julianwilson
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

Oh, and I intend to enter the XC race and try and beat as many people as possible. Is that wrong?

Careful now, there was a 'whippet' category last year for folk spouting that sort of talk. Best fit wide risers and wear baggies, otherwise they will out you as 'serious'. 😀

robdob
    Free Member

I really shouldn't say this, but I am quietly confident about the trackstand competition

And Mrs Robdob, at 4'11" riding a 12" bike is looking forward to the bike limbo. 😀

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

And me and popster have swapped nice emails now I know he is a STWer

Muke
    Free Member

thinking of going with wife and kids , but is it really good even if wife is not into cycling at all ??

Yes my wife and kids loved it even though I was the only one doing anything bike related.

molgrips
    Free Member

No molgrips, but is it wrong that I'm going to kick your a$$ in the XC race?

I'd easily win the whippet category if the results were adjusted for weight.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Is any one going down on the Friday.?

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes – hopefully!

Clink

Is any one going down on the Friday.?

We're going down Thursday with another family.

popstar
    Free Member

Thanx to comradeship and power of STW, we have been welcomed to BBB. Result!

Jason
    Free Member

We are turning up Friday lunchtime, and I think there will be a steady trickle of Tunnel Hill Trolls arriving until the evening. I don't think any of us will be taking it too seriously, well apart from the beer drinking…

robdob
    Free Member

I may be the advance Atkin party, bringing stuff down before the main Peterpoddy invasion.
    I've been told to look out for the Trolls when I get there. Get a good spot!!

singletrackmind

Just bought my ticket.
    Apparently I have to share a room with paddedrudefred.
    Wish me luck
    Now , which bike to bring FS / HT / SS ?

luke
    Free Member

Bar will be open by mid afternoon friday

peteimpreza

singletrackmind ygm

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Friday camping is included FREE. Food and beer tents will both be open.

molgrips
    Free Member

Will STW people be identifiable, by the way?

Are any non-STWers going?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

If the beer tent opens Friday I may be fit for **** all Saturday.

The-Trail-Builder
    Free Member

Im looking foward to the lake jump 🙂 will there be a bike there to use ?? or bring your own?? cause i got the perfect thing 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Big Bike Bash’ is closed to new replies.